Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2012, 09:26 AM

Wet Wednesday

A very good morning to you all on another wet day in Sherwood. We are housebound this morning as the plumbers are moving a radiator for us, but then I'm off to the hospital for a biopsy on my leg this afternoon.

Terrible news about Eileen, so not a happy day at all, such a dear lady...Bless her, and may she rest in peace..

Try to have a good day all...

Barry
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2012, 10:16 AM

Re: Wet Wednesday

Good morning Barry and all who follow

A grey dreary day. Not a lot planned but the babies ate the big bag of cheese bread sticks I made last week which I though would last ages so I may make some more. They are made with buttermilk and I feel better for them than shop bought food

Chloe has returned to bed, it is so dark I think she feels we got up too early.

Barry I hope everything will be satisfactory with your tests today .
Have a peaceful day everyone and keep safe...
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2012, 10:48 AM

Good Morning Barry, Meg and Everyone. Dull and dreich outside again this morning.

Oh I am so very sorry to hear about the sad passing of Eileen. May she rest in peace. My sincere condollences to her friends.

Hope your tests go well today for you, Barry. Thinking of you.

Hope Bob is OK.

Take care all.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2012, 11:03 AM

Good morning all. It's good that we take time to stay in touch with each other either in person or through chat rooms or forums online. I must admit Eileen is the second forum friend I've lost in the past 12 months. She is already missed.

In retirement my number one goal is to stay healthy. At 62 I'm younger than most of my friends at McDonald's. We now have 3 of our group that are 80 or above. We lost one at 96 a few months back.

When I hear one of our troupe is ill I try and add as much cheer to their lives as possible. In our senior years it can be difficult to get around so I volunteer my vehicle and time to take friends to doctor's appointments, the pharmacy or hospitals. I appreciate the help I've received in those needs as well.

I spent the whole day yesterday with my coffee clutch friends as well as my best friend, Warren. We drove all over town in the rain, enjoying each other's company as we shopped for delicacies such as American hot dogs, German Liverwurst & headcheese, and French apricot tarts along with a great cup of coffee. It was a fun day all around. I look forward to doing more of the same today. Have a good day all and visit a friend today.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2012, 01:51 PM

Good afternoon all, there's a sadness about me today at the passing of that lovely person we all loved so much, Eileen, God rest her soul.
Decent of you Bob helping the others in the group.
All the massuring AB is getting, they must have rubbed him away altogether, lucky sod.
Take good care of yourselves Folks.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2012, 04:02 PM

Hello everyone

It's wet and dreary here with a sadness in the air at the loss of "our Eileen". I know she wouldn't want us to be unhappy, she is free of pain and that is what matters,

Barry, I hope your tests go well today.

Meg, those dear grandbabies of yours must enjoy visiting you with all that lovely home-cooking

BobM, how kind of you to offer your services to those not so well.

Take care fellow members...
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2012, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
Hello everyone

It's wet and dreary here with a sadness in the air at the loss of "our Eileen". I know she wouldn't want us to be unhappy, she is free of pain and that is what matters,

Barry, I hope your tests go well today.

Meg, those dear grandbabies of yours must enjoy visiting you with all that lovely home-cooking

BobM, how kind of you to offer your services to those not so well.

Take care fellow members...
Thank you Mags it is not just visits here, I also supply them with a few things for the freezer and this week marmalade too .
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2012, 08:08 PM

You have won the award for being OFFs Best Gran, You will know this song because of the Grand children but here goes" Boobedoo I waNT TO BE LIKE YOU HOO, you know King of the jungle.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2012, 08:09 PM

love the jungle book, but then when I was young I was A Baloo in the cubs, Baloo the old grey bear!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-01-2012, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
love the jungle book, but then when I was young I was A Baloo in the cubs, Baloo the old grey bear!
,great to see you in such good form Annie.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top