Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 10:19 PM

The postcode Lottery

They are always advertising this on the telly, and often send ads through the post too.

Does anyone here actually do this lottery? If so, have you ever won anything.

Do you think there is any more chance of winning this, than the national lottery?

I almost succumbed to the latest junk mail that came yesterday, but then thought better of it.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 11:42 PM

Re: The postcode Lottery

I don't bother with any lotteries Mups. I've studied to much maths to take it seriously.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2021, 05:20 AM

I've never done the postcode lottery but I do the national one. I live in hope and I suppose as tge saying goes you have to be in it to win it.

I've never won more than a tenner on lottery
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2021, 06:24 AM

I used to do the national lottery with the others in work.Only because I was afraid I would turn up one Monday morning and there would be no one else there.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2021, 07:19 AM

Hi

I do both, a bit of fun for me.

Simple, cheap and the only form of gambling I do.

I rarely win, but don't have a problem with that.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2021, 07:19 AM

I have never been a gambler but like most people I gave the lottery a try when it first started for awhile but gave up on it many years ago after realising that that tenner a week was a pretty poor investment.

However, a few months ago my niece, living two or three miles away, won ten grand in the postcode lottery so I thought I would give it a go. I pay a tenner a month, which I think is enough for anyone to gamble, and since then have won three small prizes of a tenner, so not that much down at the moment...
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2021, 08:24 AM

I would never waste money doing the lottery.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2021, 08:31 AM

I play the lottery when I remember - just a lucky dip now and again. Never done the postcode lottery, purely because someone I know who does, says they plague the life out of you once you sign up. Send flyers, emails, texts, reminders etc. I don't know how much communication you could opt out of, mind you, and she hasn't won anything......so...its not something I would sign up for, tbh.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2021, 08:46 AM

I’ve just started the postcode lottery, gave up on the national one after hardly winning anything, the odd free go, not had any luck on the postcode one as yet, but it’s early days, can’t say I’ve been bombarded with stuff from them , as a few suggest, just a bit of fun...
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-04-2021, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I play the lottery when I remember - just a lucky dip now and again. Never done the postcode lottery, purely because someone I know who does, says they plague the life out of you once you sign up. Send flyers, emails, texts, reminders etc. I don't know how much communication you could opt out of, mind you, and she hasn't won anything......so...its not something I would sign up for, tbh.
I've been doing it for a few months but haven't had any junk from them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top