Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 01:08 PM

Help me out here, please

i had a most disturbing encounter yesterday and I'd like some input from our members.
I was standing outside the store and I happened to notice a very odd paint job on the hood of a car. It looked like "hounds tooth" men's jacket. I wondered if it was merely paint or if it actually had a rippled texture. I stepped up to the car and I lightly touched the hood of that car with my index finger. Just then a 30 yr old , heavily tattooed , woman hollered at me, "Why did you touch my car", she demanded with an angry face. I was taken aback and I didn't know exactly how to reply but I said "I was curious about your paint job" She hollered something else at me that I didn't quite catch. But she was obviously extremely upset. She kept hollering at me for several minutes. At one point I said , "Hey, lady, chill out".

Geez, I meant no harm and I certainly could not have damaged anything by lightly touching the hood paint job.
Was I wrong to touch her car ? Was I the one out of line ? Or did she overreact ? Maybe under the influence of some substance ?
If I had touched your car would you have hollered at me ?
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 01:34 PM

Re: Help me out here, please

If I found a stranger touching my car I would think they were up to no good.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
i had a most disturbing encounter yesterday and I'd like some input from our members.
I was standing outside the store and I happened to notice a very odd paint job on the hood of a car. It looked like "hounds tooth" men's jacket. I wondered if it was merely paint or if it actually had a rippled texture. I stepped up to the car and I lightly touched the hood of that car with my index finger. Just then a 30 yr old , heavily tattooed , woman hollered at me, "Why did you touch my car", she demanded with an angry face. I was taken aback and I didn't know exactly how to reply but I said "I was curious about your paint job" She hollered something else at me that I didn't quite catch. But she was obviously extremely upset. She kept hollering at me for several minutes. At one point I said , "Hey, lady, chill out".

Geez, I meant no harm and I certainly could not have damaged anything by lightly touching the hood paint job.
Was I wrong to touch her car ? Was I the one out of line ? Or did she overreact ? Maybe under the influence of some substance ?
If I had touched your car would you have hollered at me ?
Probably not.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 01:53 PM

No doubt she wished you had touched her instead in the same way
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
No doubt she wished you had touched her instead in the same way
haha!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 01:56 PM

If I saw someone touching the car I'd be worried in case they damage the paintwork.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
If I saw someone touching the car I'd be worried in case they damage the paintwork.
When I 1st heard her, she was only a few feet from me, and she could have seen that I was only touching with the tip of my forefinger. Maybe I'm old, and I'm no longer in touch with reality BUT I seriously doubt that I'd be the slightest upset if someone was doing the same to my car.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 02:13 PM

So many people are offended by everything these days. Saying that some people are very territorial about their belongings.

Personally I wouldnt have been bothered and I would have probably just started chatting with you.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-04-2021, 02:17 PM

If her car roof was unusual, then she should expect some interest in it. Personally, I would have been happy to chat to you about it and wouldn't have shouted at you; but then, as we have already discovered, you do live in a volatile Country Bakerman.
bakerman
Mexico

17-04-2021, 02:17 PM

this is what the paint look like on the hood (I think in England it is called a bonnet) only of her car. but even smaller pattern than the photo. Never in my life have I ever seen anything like that on a car.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	th.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	15330  

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top