Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 04:05 PM

Have You A Story To Tell Like This?

I found something on tele totally amazing today and to those who never saw it thought I would outline it for you and ask how.....why???It also made me think about things that I will explain after I tell you the story.
2 gentleman started chatting online....just like we do here.Total strangers and yet were drawn to each other.They were both gay and for quite a time they chatted and formed a good friendship.They met eventually and the obvious happened.One day it was decided that one met the other one's family.When he was introduced to them they said how he looked like a certain person.Im going to cut a long story short here btw.....it turned out that the Mother of the boy who took his friend home had been married before that not many knew about and they had a son who they had put up for adoption..yes your right...this gentleman who the son had brought home was indeed the adopted Son...making them half Brother's.So many tears as you can well imagine and so many questions and more so the love that had to finish between the 2 Brothers for obvious reasons.I cried I have to admit watching this very emotional story as I wondered about the facts as I have no idea on one side of my family what my roots are.I never knew the name of my Father and my Mother took his name to her grave and never told anybody.I wonder if somewhere along this road we know as life I have "met" a Brother or Sister or relation.
I have met some people online and out of the blue we realised things about the other......like the person I befriended who turned out was on the same Holiday Static Caravan Park as myself AND whose Caravan was behind mine.Somebody else turned out to be the Sister of my first love and there's also been a few other "meetings" online what made me think how small this world really is.
I don't believe in Coincidence's and believe what I heard once...a Coincidence is a miracle caused by God anonymously.I have no idea why such things happen but believe some do for a reason and can change your path in life.Do you know of one that changed your's or someone's close to you?
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 07:35 PM

Re: Have You A Story To Tell Like This?

That is a very emotional story Bonny. I wouldn't worry about finding out my roots or delving into the past, God knows what you might find, my brother used to trace the family history and discovered one or two skeletons I would have preferred not to know about, but we are all different and times were different then too.
I don't think this story qualifies, but I'll tell it anyway.

I remember years ago when I was about 15, one Sunday afternoon at the local cinema, in the dark I slipped into this seat where two girls were sitting and eating popcorn, after a while I put my arm around the nearest Girl and we were cuddling up nicely, then came the break and the lights went on, she was my first cousin!. I was gone like a flash.
Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
That is a very emotional story Bonny. I wouldn't worry about finding out my roots or delving into the past, God knows what you might find, my brother used to trace the family history and discovered one or two skeletons I would have preferred not to know about, but we are all different and times were different then too.
I don't think this story qualifies, but I'll tell it anyway.

I remember years ago when I was about 15, one Sunday afternoon at the local cinema, in the dark I slipped into this seat where two girls were sitting and eating popcorn, after a while I put my arm around the nearest Girl and we were cuddling up nicely, then came the break and the lights went on, she was my first cousin!. I was gone like a flash.
I was told that many times Jemflux..... about leaving well alone.I have a deep feeling that my Father was no good as even on her deathbed his name she wouldn't tell me except to say that she bumped into him after I had been born and fostered out and he told her he had heard she had a baby to which she replied that he would never get his hands on me to which he gave her a slap.He was also dead I was told when she told me this....how did she know?She had no contact with this man.I have my own thought's about how she knew and why his name she kept from me but still it don't help me from wanting to know my "other" family and put that missing part of the jig-saw in where it belongs and finally put to rest.

Laughed about the Cinema story and naughty boy lol!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 08:11 PM

Bonny I don't believe in 'miracles caused by god'. I don't believe in a god at all after the life I have . I do believe in coincidences though which to me are just a set events affecting people who have something in common.

On Dogsey I described a house hundreds of miles away from where I live now in which I used to live and posted a photograph. Another member recognised the house and took an up to date photograph which was almost identical to mine.

A friend went to the USA and stepped into a lift in Washington DC to find someone from the same street in there.
My brother went on a cruise and found my sister's best friend was also aboard.
Out of all the events that happen to us daily during a lifetime it would be strange if there were no 'coincidences'
Bonny
UK

24-01-2012, 08:44 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Bonny I don't believe in 'miracles caused by god'. I don't believe in a god at all after the life I have . I do believe in coincidences though which to me are just a set events affecting people who have something in common.

On Dogsey I described a house hundreds of miles away from where I live now in which I used to live and posted a photograph. Another member recognised the house and took an up to date photograph which was almost identical to mine.

A friend went to the USA and stepped into a lift in Washington DC to find someone from the same street in there.
My brother went on a cruise and found my sister's best friend was also aboard.
Out of all the events that happen to us daily during a lifetime it would be strange if there were no 'coincidences'
Meg the only thing I believe in is that we have a Higher Power and that is only because of experience's I have had in my life.The Bible is just fairy tales IMO and sorry if I offend anyone saying that.My God lives within me...but enough of that,
I love your stories Meg and thankyou for sharing your thought's on this subject.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 09:56 PM

My father and his father, my granddad both died in the same way, both their ships were struck by a mine, and they both roughly the same age 30.
Bonny
UK

24-01-2012, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
My father and his father, my granddad both died in the same way, both their ships were struck by a mine, and they both roughly the same age 30.
Goodness Wrinkly im speechless...how sad that is.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 11:19 PM

I meant to say 28 years apart.
Bonny
UK

24-01-2012, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Wrinkly ->
I meant to say 28 years apart.
Even so...the odd's of that happening Wrinkly.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 11:23 PM

I'm afraid I've nothing to add to this thread for myself as I can't think of anything, except to say that I saw the programme about the two young men who found out that they were step-brothers. I desperately didn't want them to be as their lives will now need to take a different path, but at least one of them found his mother and father. That was one of the most emotional things I've ever seen on TV, and it was handled with such sensitivity.

Bonny, my heart goes out to you never to have known who your dad was. That is very sad indeed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top