Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 02:48 AM

Insomnia

Hi

I am just starting a medication change, which means monitoring my Blood Pressure, heart rate and oxygen levels two hours after my midnight medication.

The problem is that I just cannot get back to sleep.

I like my sleep, but do not like nodding off during the day.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 07:29 AM

Re: Insomnia

Swim why do you have to take these meds at midnight? Can't you take them at 10pm, check your blood pressure & other things at midnight & then go to sleep!?

Have a word with your doctor and see if he can offer any explanation why this timing is so precise, because you get little enough sleep on a regular basis & without sleep your health will get worse.

As we get older many of us suffer from insomnia but, if it happens every day, your doctor needs to rethink whether taking the meds at midnight is doing more harm than good.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 07:50 AM

Tart cherry juice. It works. No after effects.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 08:19 AM

https://wagwalking.com/sense/can-dog...-with-insomnia

Never had a dog but a cat can have a calming effect.

https://bookriot.com/soothing-audiobooks/

Hope you can find a natural way to help getting to sleep.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 08:20 AM

I sympathise with all of you insomniacs as I'm no great sleeper either, invariably I'm up two or three times in the night and nodding off again isn't certain. Long,long nights sometimes.
Ripple
Ripple is female  Ripple has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 08:45 AM

I’ll tell you what I do when I find i can’t sleep ..I listen to R4ex or an audio book. My library does online free audio books (borrow books) you have to be a member of the library then download an app....I never get to hear the end of a story ZZZzzz

Anyway I hope you manage to get a good nights sleep.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Swim why do you have to take these meds at midnight? Can't you take them at 10pm, check your blood pressure & other things at midnight & then go to sleep!?

Have a word with your doctor and see if he can offer any explanation why this timing is so precise, because you get little enough sleep on a regular basis & without sleep your health will get worse.

As we get older many of us suffer from insomnia but, if it happens every day, your doctor needs to rethink whether taking the meds at midnight is doing more harm than good.
Hi

They are timed release medications and are needed to stop the large fluctuations in Blood Pressure.

They need to be monitored initially until they get the dosage right, once they is done I will be able to change timings over a period.

I can either monitor myself or have it done in hospital and you know what I think of hospitals.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 09:10 AM

Aww Simmy, you have my sympathy - insomnia is awful. I understand your need to have these timed medications, but at such an awkward time must be so difficult for you. And having to monitor yourself at 2am, is just ridiculous! However, if the only other option is hospital, then I think you'll just have to go with it for now. Having a nap through the day is not a bad thing if your body needs it. The cherry juice works, and also Yorkshire Bedtime Tea helps too (for me anyway) in getting back to sleep.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

They are timed release medications and are needed to stop the large fluctuations in Blood Pressure.

They need to be monitored initially until they get the dosage right, once they is done I will be able to change timings over a period.

I can either monitor myself or have it done in hospital and you know what I think of hospitals.
I know your blood pressure decreases in the night, so I assume they don't want it to go too low, but you must get some sleep!
Try some of the ideas on here to get back to sleep & if they don't work try essential lavender oil ... you can get it on the internet if not near your home! It may stain so put a few drops on a cloth handkerchief , on your pillow!
If all fail then you will have to sleep in the day, because you will be so tired.
Good luck!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-04-2021, 10:07 AM

I thought you could wear an automatic heart rate and BP monitor?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top