Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 05:48 AM

most interesting event you have attended.

For me it was the grand opening in Wimbledon of the main Buddist temple and headquarters for the whole of Europe.
Sue and I knew the daughter of the Thailand ambassador in the UK and we were invited to this grand opening and for a sit down meal with the buddist monks.
It was truly amazing, the staff from the embassy looked after us and prepared the meal courses . Believe it or not guessing around 15 courses served up and I had a job getting through them.
I think we were the only "outsiders" that had such a rare invitation, something I will never forget
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 05:56 AM

Re: most interesting event you have attended.

That sounds a wonderful experience Realspeed. The nearest that I have come is hosting a group of Buddhist monks who visited the museum I was working in .
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 06:58 AM

I don't know if you'd call it interesting but for me Remembrance Day at Ypres was extremely moving.
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 07:14 AM

Probably Buckingham Palace garden party...all the Royals were there the Queen Phillip Andrew Ann Edward Catherine and Harry not William he was elsewhere but most the grandkids were there too....It was weird walking up through the gates with lots of tourists looking on....I thought blinking heck if only my granny could see me now
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 08:20 AM

For me it was getting tickets to a 'pre opening' event to see the Treasures of Tutankamen exhibition at The British Museum in early 1972. So lucky to see this ahead of all the crowds, and with no queueing to get in.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 09:44 AM

The festival of the tooth (Esala Perahera) in Kandy, Sri Lanka.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
For me it was getting tickets to a 'pre opening' event to see the Treasures of Tutankamen exhibition at The British Museum in early 1972. So lucky to see this ahead of all the crowds, and with no queueing to get in.
Sue and I saw them when we were in Cairo Egypt
RJG
UK
RJG is female  RJG has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 10:25 AM

I have been on TV a few times and also the subject of films. That was quite interesting.
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
I don't know if you'd call it interesting but for me Remembrance Day at Ypres was extremely moving.
There is something about places like that eccles. I found it similar visiting Gallipoli.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-04-2021, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
We saw the exhibition when it came to the O2 a few years back. It was ticket only and there was a reasonable time limit. Also saw the tomb in Egypt, in the Valley of the Kings in the 90's.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top