Join for free
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 10:06 AM

Tipping down Tuesday

Morning to one and all on this very wet morning in the Midlands.

Cleaning chores all done and lunch is prepared, so just wasting a few minutes whilst I enjoy my well earned coffee before I brave the elements with the dogs.

I hope that all is well with you and that your day goes well.

Barry
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 10:18 AM

Re: Tipping down Tuesday

Good morning Barry and all who follow

Not a good start to the day, I took Chloe across the fields in the squelching mud and pouring rain only to discover my wellingtons are leaking I now have one black foot.

On a happier note my marmalade has set beautifully and I had some for breakfast with buttermilk bread rolls which are light and fluffy.

I am babysitting the twins later so play dough and monsters in store.
Have an enjoyable day whatever you decide to do.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 10:26 AM

Good Morning Barry, Meg and All Heavy rain up here but nothing unusual in that!

Won't be going too far today, not pleasant walking in heavy rain!

Hope you all enjoy a good day.

Thinking of Eileen.

Take care all.

bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 11:07 AM

Good morning Barry, Meg, Brandykins and all who follow. I'm up very early this morning. It's 2 a.m. here with another round of rain moving into the area this morning. The ground is already super saturated and the rivers & creeks are above flood stage. We lost a little 6 year old girl yesterday who fell into a roaring river. Her father was on the banks and took his eyes off her for just a second. These are dangerous times to be anywhere close to roaring, cold water. Folks don't seem to understand how quickly you can be overcome by them.

We're back to Tuesday again so its a big day at McDonald's with Pat coming back after her bout with the flu. There will a fuss made as we all missed her as we kept her in our prayers. Warren, my good friend, wishes to go to the movies so we'll probably get together after he awakes at 10 a.m.. By then my morning at McDonald's will be over. That's my excitement for the day. Have a good day all!
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 11:23 AM

Good morning all,
Wet and miserable here.

Today I am off to Currys. Taking the Laptop back, for the second time. Only had it for 7 months. Last time they mended it, took them 3 weeks to do it.

See what happens this time. I am asking for the manager.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 12:34 PM

Good morning all, rainy and damp here today, not a nice day atall. I love that picture Brandykins, so cosy it makes the rain look good, if you know what I mean. This part of the World had a fairly good January compared to the last few years, I hope next Month is as good.
Terrible about the little girl Bob, how sad.
Take care of yourselves Folks.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 01:29 PM

I can understand the little girl going near the water, its very exciting when the rivers roar away but very dangerous for children. Well I was amazed that it was raining when I let madam out at 5-30 this morning as it was starting to freeze when she went out las thing last night, so its back to the wet bit again, and cold.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 09:55 PM

A late Hello to everyone

I've been here on and off throughout the day but just didn't get round to this thread before now..... you are a chatty lot today!

I hope everyone has had a good day..

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top