Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2012, 10:19 PM

Honey

This is a photo of Honey my last dog who died in 2002 she was a wonderful dog to us I always called her my gift from God ...
Honeys story...
We were burgled twice within a month in 1990 and the policeman who came round said the best thing we could do was get a dog we hadn't got a dog as we thought our life style at that time was wrong for a dog but we went and visited our local dog pound . In one pen there were about 9 dogs and they were throwing them bones and all the dogs were quarreling over these bones except Honey who was sitting pressed up against the fence shaking I said to hubby what about that one Ahhh. He said "she won't be any use" the lady that was showing them to us said "take her for a walk she is sweet so we did and were smitten...
We walked into the house and dogs usually in a strange environment sniff around not Honey she just plonked herself down by the side of the sofa and went to sleep...
A little while later when she had woken a shadow went past our front door and she growled ran and hit the front door half way up that was the first signs of her great guarding skills ....She really was a fantastic guarder and we found out later that the yobs who had burgled us before had tried again but were put off by the dog...
Well here she is
Annie Jack
Ontario, Canada
Annie Jack is female  Annie Jack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2012, 10:29 PM

Re: Honey

What a lovely dog! I enjoyed her story - thanks for posting.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2012, 10:34 PM

Honey was a lovely dog, Sue. What a lovely story too, it sounds like she rewarded you for choosing her in the pound.....
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2012, 10:36 PM

Honey was lovely Sue such a benign expression ...
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2012, 10:47 PM

Suey, what a beautiful girl Honey was-love the picture! From your story, Honey obviously bonded with you straight away and felt the need to protect her 'family'-well done Honey!

My Hatti is the gentlest of dogs, but very protective. She lets me know when someone is walking up the drive by barking very loudly-I've opened the door only to find on couple of occasions, someone stood at top of drive trying to speak to me! Doubt any burglars would dare to break in when they hear her bark!
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2012, 10:48 PM

She was a super dog never any aggression to us at all but she did bite the vet quite badly on the hand he said if she were his he would have put her down ...You did have to watch her with strangers as she would just lie and growl at all visitors but I think she had had a bad life before us ...the pound said they thought she had been a gypsies dog as they had bought 9 in together...She did mellow a tad as she got older ...She has a huge part of my heart....
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2012, 10:50 PM

Suey, what a lovely story about Honey. She certainly was a gorgeous looking girl and looks so proud in that picture.
suey
Shropshire

23-01-2012, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Suey, what a beautiful girl Honey was-love the picture! From your story, Honey obviously bonded with you straight away and felt the need to protect her 'family'-well done Honey!

My Hatti is the gentlest of dogs, but very protective. She lets me know when someone is walking up the drive by barking very loudly-I've opened the door only to find on couple of occasions, someone stood at top of drive trying to speak to me! Doubt any burglars would dare to break in when they hear her bark!
The police came one day (just general inquires)and they knocked the door when we answered they were stood under our carport and said what have you in there a Rottweiler)
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-01-2012, 11:33 PM

She was beautiful, she really looked after you because you gave her a second chance
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-01-2012, 12:16 AM

Originally Posted by suey ->
The police came one day (just general inquires)and they knocked the door when we answered they were stood under our carport and said what have you in there a Rottweiler)
love it Suey....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top