Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2021, 02:06 PM

April Fool - Did anyone get caught out?

This morning, as I awoke, Mrs LD told me that the tree in the garden had fallen over. The only tree we have in the garden is a very small one , very lightweight and about a foot wide but never the less, I jumped out of bed to have a look out of the bathroom window.

'April Fool'

Well done Mrs LD, that's the first time I have been caught out in about thirty years.

Did anyone else get caught out?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2021, 02:19 PM

Re: April Fool - Did anyone get caught out?

Yes, my son said he had transferred a large sum of money into my account.

I was so excited...went to the hole in the wall.....brought up my balance....lying so and so!!......I was so deflated....I didn’t think it was funny to be honest.

So,I’m sulking.forgot all about April Fools day.

Art caught me out as well on her thread.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2021, 02:24 PM

I was caught out. I went to the supermarket this morning. It was bloody heaving - I forgot that it was April Fool's. More fool me.........
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2021, 03:44 PM

Not I but I did get one over some poor female scammer from the Philippines (recognised the accent) that called me this morning to tell me there was a problem with my broadband connection. I pulled the "I'm Detective Inspector Percy Vere, why are you calling a crime scene?" trick.
eccles
South West
eccles is female  eccles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2021, 03:49 PM

I forgot what day it was, to be honest. I'm not a fan of tricks like the one pulled by Pauline's son - or any jokes that make people look stupid or raise their hopes falsely.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2021, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by eccles ->
I forgot what day it was, to be honest. I'm not a fan of tricks like the one pulled by Pauline's son - or any jokes that make people look stupid or raise their hopes falsely.

I know, I agree, stupid April fools that was....I ain’t speaking to him at the moment.......
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2021, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Yes, my son said he had transferred a large sum of money into my account.

I was so excited...went to the hole in the wall.....brought up my balance....lying so and so!!......I was so deflated....I didn’t think it was funny to be honest.

So,I’m sulking.forgot all about April Fools day.

Art caught me out as well on her thread.
Blimey Pauline, I reckon you should cancel his inheritance for that.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

01-04-2021, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I was caught out. I went to the supermarket this morning. It was bloody heaving - I forgot that it was April Fool's. More fool me.........
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

01-04-2021, 04:24 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Not I but I did get one over some poor female scammer from the Philippines (recognised the accent) that called me this morning to tell me there was a problem with my broadband connection. I pulled the "I'm Detective Inspector Percy Vere, why are you calling a crime scene?" trick.
well done Percy. I like that one.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-04-2021, 04:27 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
well done Percy. I like that one.
Me too. Might use that in future.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top