Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2012, 01:57 PM

Bloody Insurance Companies

I am jumping up and down with rage

My contents insurance has just been renewed on line. They just sent an email to say this and to thank me for my continued payments.

I rang them up and asked what the payment was and the premiums had gone up by nine pounds. Now we have not made any claims and have paid by direct debit so no problems and a good money making customer am I.

When we called AXA to find out why our premium had gone up the nasty little b###h on the phone said The insurance company had received a great many personal injury claims therefore their premiums had to go up.

I pointed out that I had not claimed for a personal injury and was told maybe not but a lot of people have. I pointed out that my premium was not to insure 'lots of people' but me and my posessions and that if she didn't offer me a better deal I would go elsewhere.

She then told me to please myself:twisted :

Boy is AXA going to get a nasty letter and I shall be claiming for the meat that was defrosted in my freezer which I keep in the garage when the weather turned cold and my freezer stopped working.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2012, 02:38 PM

Re: Bloody Insurance Companies

Very bad customer relations Cookiecate. You will most likely be able to get the same cover cheaper from another company. They don't deserve your custom.
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2012, 03:04 PM

The AA do give very bad customer service. I was with them and left because they put my premiums up without warning and I have since heard from two friends that they did the same thing and were rude when approached for an explanation. So much for their fancy ads on TV.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2012, 03:30 PM

They are so flaming sneaky with it aren't they? My car insurance with Saga has just gone up by £2.60 a month. I only have a tiny Ford KA, 60% no claims, never made one claim and tell me that if I can find another quote with the same cover that's cheaper they will match the difference. What? Why not just not increase my insurance?
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2012, 04:00 PM

It's a fact that we all pay for the claims, honest or not, of others, but the insurance companies should do a lot more to root out the dishonest claims which cost us all so dear.

I feel for you Cookiecate, but all you can do is take your business elsewhere to a company that appreciates you, and write the letter of complaint anyway...always makes me feel better when I do...
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2012, 04:08 PM

Oh no what a pain and me thinks somebody will be getting into trouble for telling you why the payments have gone up and sounds like she had an attitude problem in telling you to go elsewhere

I really don't think it pays to stay with the same insurance company year in and year out as they never seem to do anything to keep their existing customers and instead prefer to attract news ones.

My car insurance went up a lot last year with the existing company so I searched online and got it elsewhere a little cheaper and will be doing the same with house and contents later on this year.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2012, 04:10 PM

I have my house and Chloe insured with AXA, it will be interesting to see if my premiums alter very much.

My car insurance renewal with John Lewis arrived this morning, that has gone up slightly which is not surprising because last year was my first year with them and I took advantage of an online discount for new customers.

I was with SAGA before and may switch back to them because I will now be a new customer again so can take advantage of their online discount .

It is always worth looking around and comparing price. Also premiums are negotiable, I ring up my company of choice and tell them I have had a better offer and what are they going to do about it. They usually are prepared to match the price 'like for like'.
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2012, 04:28 PM

Feeling a little better now as we got a cheaper policy from the AA. We did it on line and my husband rang them up with a small query, while he was on the phone he asked them what their customer service was like for a joke of course, the young man laughed and said if you get me it is excellent.

Ahh Marian you know us so well, we never let anyone get away with being rude.

I emailed AXA and told them how cross I was and cancelled the policy, I received an email straight away saying that Annabelle had put in a complaint on my behalf ah thanks Annabelle.

I then phoned the cancellation department to just make sure the policy had been cancelled and the young man was very pleasant said that he had read my complaint but didn't apologise or comment on its contents.

Anyway AA are £50 cheaper for a better policy but still with a £200 excess so we rarely claim on insurance anyway. My freezer stopped working in the garage when the weather turned cold and some meat defrosted and spoiled but I won't be claiming.

Anyway I hope none of us need to claim on any insurance this year. Thank you for listening to my rants your comments were interesting.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2012, 04:37 PM

woo hoo result!! What would we do without the good old internet to shop around hey!!
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2012, 07:25 PM

No excuse for bad customer service at all.
May I suggest you sign up with Uswitch and check any premiums you have to renew.
Ours with saga has gone up this time, but we expected it, because folks are not buying insurance because so many have had to make cutbacks, blame the government.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top