Join for free
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2012, 11:17 AM

Warning to those in Leeds Area.

By Bruce Smith
Published on Friday 20 January 2012 10:02

Police have alerted schools, mounted additional patrols and warned residents and parents to be on their guard after two incidents involving young Leeds school girls.

In the first reported incident the man attempted to abduct an 11-year-old girl and more recently he followed two younger girls also in the Chapeltown area of Leeds.

At around 4.15pm on November 10 the man approached the 11-year-old child close to the junction of Chapeltown Road and Francis Street. He is believed to have grabbed the youngster by the arm and ordered: “You’re coming with me”.

Luckily the girl was able to break free from the man’s grip and run away home.

In the second incident on January 10 this year around 3pm two 10-year-old girls were walking home together when they became aware of a man behind them as they went along a path running between houses near to Leopold Grove.

On this occasion the man did not speak or approach the girls, but did match the description of the suspect involved in the first incident exactly two months earlier.

He is described as an African – Caribbean man aged in his late 20s to early 30s with distinctive light and dark patches of skin on his face.

The man is around 5ft 4in to 5ft 5in tall and had an Afro-type hairstyle.

Insp Matt Davison, of the Chapel Allerton Neighbourhood Policing Team, said: “Incidents of this type are rare but are understandably very concerning. Local schools have been made aware of the incident and we have additional patrols in the area.

“I would ask people to remain vigilant and get in touch if they recognise the suspect or have any information about the incidents.”

Anyone with information can ring Det Con Anthony Thewlis at Stainbeck CID via 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2012, 11:36 AM

Re: Warning to those in Leeds Area.

Well done Raven for bringing this to the attention of those living in and around that area. I used to live in Huddersfield, a few miles away. What is the matter with these 'beings'!?
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2012, 06:53 PM

I sincerely hope he is caught, very soon!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2012, 03:02 AM

That is awful Raven, and I also hope that this scum is caught very quickly.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2012, 03:13 AM

Gee used to live near leeds

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top