Join for free
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 12:32 PM

Scandal?

I see Boris Johnson’s ex lover Jennifer Arcuri is stirring it up for him and telling ‘all’ to a newspaper.

How do people live with scandal and recover from it? They must be haunted by it, or do they just brush it off?

Have you ever had a bit of scandal in your life, or know of anyone who has?

Is scandal easier to live with in these modern times?
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 12:45 PM

Re: Scandal?

I once rang up one of the national newspapers asking them if they would like my story of wild drug and alcohol fuelled sex parties on remote islands in sunny climates, my fee was £500,000, they said they were very interested and when did all this happen..?, I said, “ it hasn’t yet, but if you give me the money”,,,,,!!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I see Boris Johnson’s ex lover Jennifer Arcuri is stirring it up for him and telling ‘all’ to a newspaper.

How do people live with scandal and recover from it? They must be haunted by it, or do they just brush it off?

Have you ever had a bit of scandal in your life, or know of anyone who has?

Is scandal easier to live with in these modern times?

No doubt money involved, kiss and tell?

Scandal.....I think a few celebrities have committed suicide over scandals, haven’t they?

Depends on your definition of scandal....look at poor Caroline Flack, wasn’t her suicide to do with a personal scandal, regarding her boyfriend?

As for myself.......no scandal to share.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 01:03 PM

Not scandalous for him. Just ...yawn! Wonder what real news they are suppressing this time...
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 01:06 PM

In 1984 when my children were small, l got an 8 hours a week receptionist job at a local Squash and Leisure Centre. Everyone who was employed there got a free membership

Unknown to other staff, a cleaner who worked there was having a sexual relationship with a schoolboy.

She was found out because she was reported by a member of the club who saw them in the jacuzzi, doing you know what!

It was reported in the News Of The World newspaper and other papers but whenever the reporters rang, we had to say, ‘No Comment’!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 01:20 PM

Now that is truly scandalous Art! Was she not prosecuted?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

28-03-2021, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Now that is truly scandalous Art! Was she not prosecuted?
Annie, l was wondering that too as l posted it. It was so many years ago, l’m not sure?

I remember the police were involved but l don’t know if she went to prison.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 01:35 PM

A friend of mine once featured on the front page of the News of the World - the headline was "The Man From The Ministry and The Gay Divorcee" .....

It should be noted that the "affair" took place before "gay" assumed its' current use in the vernacular .....
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 01:41 PM

I saw the headlines about Boris all over the front page this morning, and thought of the old saying about "A woman scorned."

If she loved him as much as she says in her story, she wouldn't be doing this to him now.

There is more behind this revelation than we know IMO, but money and spite figure high on my list.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-03-2021, 02:36 PM

I have worked in secondary schools since 1994
Scandals a-plenty

None of them involved li'l ole me

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top