Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 07:03 PM

Australian floods !!

Dams overflowing, houses floating down rivers, cars trapped in
flood waters!
The gods must be angry about something?
Or maybe they are just Saving Aussie from the the mouse plague??
Just another day in paradise !!

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔🤔
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 07:45 PM

Re: Australian floods !!

What a disaster, houses lost, lives ruined and no doubt there will be lives lost. It must be so frightening seeing everything being swept away from you.

I hope all our Australian friends on the forum stay safe..... thinking of you all.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 08:00 PM

I have copied this from my post in the ‘Evade The Mods’ thread as it is probably more suited to this thread.....

My son lives in Port Macquarie. They are flooded there but my son’s place is ok... for now.
He said, there are kangaroos and cows being washed up on the beaches. Houses by the river and boats just washed out into the ocean.
A caravan park has been flooded.
Loads of people are stranded on the north shore and it’s not stopped raining for weeks.
He was stuck in his office all day on Friday and couldn’t get out.
Last year it was the bushfires, now this.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 08:07 PM

It sounds like it is getting worse....

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-56476998
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I have copied this from my post in the ‘Evade The Mods’ thread as it is probably more to suited to this thread.....

My son lives in Port Macquarie. They are flooded there but my son’s place is ok... for now.
He said, there are kangaroos and cows being washed up on the beaches. Houses by the river and boats just washed out into the ocean.
A caravan park has been flooded.
Loads of people are stranded on the north shore and it’s not stopped raining for weeks.
He was stuck in his office all day on Friday and couldn’t get out.
Last year it was the bushfires, now this.
I am glad your son is ok! This year's La Niña event has sparked a lot of problems, and though it should be subsiding, the air currents and this round of rain doesn't support that yet. We sure took a beating from the La Niña attributed hurricanes in the autumn.

I saw the photo of the poor calf up to its chest in beach sand. While it was rescued, sadly many more are unaccounted for. I really ache for the animals that have no shelter or escape from these events.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-03-2021, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
I am glad your son is ok! This year's La Niña event has sparked a lot of problems, and though it should be subsiding, the air currents and this round of rain doesn't support that yet. We sure took a beating from the La Niña attributed hurricanes in the autumn.

I saw the photo of the poor calf up to its chest in beach sand. While it was rescued, sadly many more are unaccounted for. I really ache for the animals that have no shelter or escape from these events.
Thank You, Surfermom.

You yourself know what it’s like to be caught up in these extreme weather conditions.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2021, 01:25 AM

Forecast seems to change daily, there is more to come. This morning the Shoalhaven was warned that the worst could be tomorrow for this area - that is further south than me, Nowra and the Shoalhaven River seems to be going to cop it. Previously we were told Saturday would be the worse day but Sunday proved to be much wetter. Apart for short breaks it has been raining for four days.

Port Macquarie and the northern rivers are the worst hit area so far.

Currently Wednesday is forecast to be sunny!

It is not unexpected but this is a 1 in 100 year event.

I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror
The wide brown land for me!

(Dorothea Mackeller )
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2021, 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Forecast seems to change daily, there is more to come. This morning the Shoalhaven was warned that the worst could be tomorrow for this area - that is further south than me, Nowra and the Shoalhaven River seems to be going to cop it. Previously we were told Saturday would be the worse day but Sunday proved to be much wetter. Apart for short breaks it has been raining for four days.

Port Macquarie and the northern rivers are the worst hit area so far.

Currently Wednesday is forecast to be sunny!

It is not unexpected but this is a 1 in 100 year event.

I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror
The wide brown land for me!

(Dorothea Mackeller )
Never fails to make my spine tingle. Thanks Bruce.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2021, 12:16 PM

keezoy

Been reading about the floods in oz are you safe? Hope so
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2021, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
keezoy

Been reading about the floods in oz are you safe? Hope so
Yes thank you. Australia is not that close so I think we are ok in the UK.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top