Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 11:01 PM

other side of the world

Recently I have been getting very keen on going to Australia.
Been watching quite a bit on youtube and have a cousin in Sydney.

Ok it is a long long flight but just to be able to say I have been and hopefully meet up with a few people I have been watching really interests me.

If you get an itch you want to scratch it and that is how I feel about going.
thinking about going to Sydney -Cairns and Brisbane mainly but at the moment it is just thoughts until this covid thing gets sorted more.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 12:33 AM

Re: other side of the world

The government is trying to rush through the jabs so tourist money can start flowing again but when I don't know.
You'll like it here a lot,of course you'd like it a lot more if you came to Victoria
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 12:36 AM

I have been planning on going to Australia and New Zealand in January, but I am starting to think it might be best to postpone it a year. Too early to tell about quarantines and lockdowns, but I want to do this right, and want to go when welcome.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 12:41 AM

Come!! as soon as you can. You are welcome. Just be prepared to not want to go home again.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 12:57 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Come!! as soon as you can. You are welcome. Just be prepared to not want to go home again.
Most kind, keezoy! With luck, this will be my first of several visits. Australia is a place I have wanted to visit for as long as I can remember, and I am hoping to surf and hike extensively while I still can.

It sounds like realspeed shares my enthusiasm, but I expect our itineraries will be quite different.

keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 05:00 AM

Well if you're going to come all this way you may as well see more than that. And Smithy is right. Those places you said are pretty much a must yes but you shouldn't miss Victoria and South Australia. Many people here say Melbourne is the best city in Australia. And depending how you define the boundaries, also the biggest. I'm a Sydneysider through and through but I love Melbourne. You shouldn't miss it. Adelaide is only a small city - the smallest of the mainland capitals - but it is elegant, classy and welcoming and only a stone's throw from the Barrossa Valley. If you like wine this place is a fantasyland. Perth is a sprawling big place with a small, vertical CBD that is all business and not much else. The countryside and coastal towns in the South West are great but Perth for the most part is missable IMO. Also Tasmania is just wonderful. Well worth a visit. Hobart is the second oldest city in Australia after Sydney. Well preserved and pretty as a picture. Brisbane/ Gold Coast/ Sunshine Coast are one huge conurbation of 4 million people. It's popular but I couldn't live there. Too damned hot. OK for a visit as long as it's either winter or you have air con everywhere. I'm happy to elaborate on anywhere that's worth seeing here if you want.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->

Many people here say Melbourne is the best city in Australia.
Nobody living outside of Melbourne has said that EVER!

keezoy
Australia

18-03-2021, 06:03 AM

Aww Bruce!..THat's so unfair..Funny!..very. But not true.I didn't say I think it is the best city but be fair. Many people say it leaves Sydney for dead for actual things to do of every kind. I like day time. Sydney is best for outdoors things. I'm a musician so at night I just like somewhere to play. And Melbourne has lots of them. I would never live anywhere in the world except Sydney. I am one eyed and biased. But Gleeson is a total bastard. We all know that. Ignore him RS!...Hes avvin a laff. Melbourne is as clean as anywhere else and the public transport is brilliant. St Kilda is a groovy place full of great places to go. YOu don't need a car at all. Anyway RS don't forget the non city places. Kakadu, Uluru, Daintree Rain Forrest, Barrier Reef (What's left of it) Queensland hinterland. Margot Robbie country. If you're very lucky you might see her .
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 08:13 AM

I would have loved to have gone when I was younger & before Tony had Alzheimers..

What I've always wondered is: Is there a lot of difference between Australia & New Zealand?
Ciderman
Masterton, New Zealand
Ciderman is male  Ciderman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->

What I've always wondered is: Is there a lot of difference between Australia & New Zealand?
Ys thr is! They pinched our vowels! Thats why we have 'fsh n chps' and they have 'feeesh an cheeeeps'. We have 'swmn pls' and they have 'sweeeeemin poools'.
Apart from that when I was travelling in strange places we always reckoned that if we couldn't have a Kiwi to watch our backs we'd have an Aussie!

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top