Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 05:49 PM

Tools of the trade.

I was preparing our evening meal earlier and was using my food processor to make fresh bread crumbs and to finely chop onions. This tool I could not live without, it has so many uses. Another I could not live without is my sewing machine, it has served me well over the years and although I don't use it nearly so much as when my children were small, it still comes in very useful. What tools could you not live without.
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 05:51 PM

Re: Tools of the trade.

A hammer and pliers, as I am always taking out tacks and putting them in somewhere else.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 06:03 PM

Him sitting next to me, snoozing. He's very handy (when he's awake)
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Janela ->
Him sitting next to me, snoozing. He's very handy (when he's awake)
Love it Janela.
Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 07:50 PM

I just LOVE my Actifryer's.There's nothing better than making home made chips that you know are going to do you no harm as all you use is half a teaspoon of oil and they taste as good as the "real thing"Also for stir frys etc its great as it stir's itself and you dont have to stand there looking after it.I have 2...a Phillips one and a Tefal one which are totally different but just brill.Im afraid in a Kitchen Gadget freak and QVC is to blame!!!
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 08:23 PM

I am a kitchen gadget freak as well but having only a tiny kitchen I daren't buy anything else. I would love to move house to one with a big kitchen & buy everything new from Lakeland - its my favourite shop
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 08:53 PM

Jar pop pressure release, we have had for years. They still sell them today on Ebay.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 10:58 PM

My favourite tool of all time has to be the electric drill, I remember when I wasn't long married and my Wife presented me with a 'Wolf' brand drill for Christmas, it was well named it should have been called a 'Werewolf', I was like a man possessed drilling everything in the small flat, nothing was safe from getting a hole in it, shelves here, hangers there, it was like a corner shop until she had enough and 'Lent' it to her Brother, never to be seen again (The drill, not the Brother, we still can't get rid of him). Strange what power can do to a humble man, alas, the only tool she'll allow me in the house now is my old briar pipe.
Lady Angler
Lancashire
Lady Angler is female  Lady Angler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2012, 11:05 AM

Bought my other half a Swiss Army Knife years ago.It's been such a useful tool although the toothpick and biro have gone missing and the scissors have seen better days......

Might be time to invest in a new one.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2012, 10:44 AM

For the past 10 years have been 'wedded' to my walking stick - it goes with me everywhere because my lower limbs are no longer strong enough to support me due to chronic arthritis.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top