Join for free
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 08:20 PM

Stricter rules in Spain.

This is a pic of my cousin Vi having a paddle in the med.
She's currently over wintering in Spain with her husband.

What amazed me was the mask!!

I asked her about it & she told me it's the rule in Spain!

I really can't see the sense of wearing one in that situation.

Can you?

Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 08:22 PM

Re: Stricter rules in Spain.

I would wear a mask, better safe than sorry. I'm glad she is sensible enough to follow the rules.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 08:33 PM

Yes no messing about in Spain .
No one is exempt if you can’t wear a mask you stay at home.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 09:26 PM

Wearing a mask is mandatory in SA or face prosecution.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 10:01 PM

Well, if them's the rules....she is doing the right thing. I'm glad we don't have those rules though....no sense in masking up if you are alone on a beach (or with other half) but if she has to, she just has to.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-03-2021, 10:34 PM

I can't see the sense in wearing a mask outdoors, but their country so their rules. Personally, I would rather wear a mask than have the vaccine. In fact, in all indoor situations, I do wear a mask, and even in crowded outdoor situations I would wear a mask, although I avoid crowded situations indoors or outdoors like the plague.......
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2021, 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
I can't see the sense in wearing a mask outdoors, but their country so their rules. Personally, I would rather wear a mask than have the vaccine. In fact, in all indoor situations, I do wear a mask, and even in crowded outdoor situations I would wear a mask, although I avoid crowded situations indoors or outdoors like the plague.......
It's a known fact that the virus bound up in the droplets we exhale can travel up to 8M in free air, so those countries insisting on a mask for all occasions away from your home is the right approach.
PooBear
United Kingdom
PooBear is male  PooBear has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2021, 01:08 PM

And what of those with breathing difficulties?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2021, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
It's a known fact that the virus bound up in the droplets we exhale can travel up to 8M in free air, so those countries insisting on a mask for all occasions away from your home is the right approach.
It's not known to me longDriver, a bit of a large one if you ask me......

If that were the case, how come there was very little backlash and infection after the many people that gathered on many beaches during the summer, and also on the many protests that occured in London and other towns and cities....In fact, the numbers of infected people went down during the summer, and only gained momentum in the winter when many people went Christmas shopping....?
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-03-2021, 02:29 PM

Spain has been very strict in their approach and policing throughout the pandemic. And while other countries in Europe - France, Germany and Italy for example - are now entering a third wave with figures rising dramatically, Spain doesn't seem to be in quite such a bad position.

A friend who lives there recently celebrated their anniversary with a meal out with friends in a restaurant - she was amazed when I told her ours had all been closed since the beginning of January.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top