Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 12:20 AM

What Are Your Earliest Memories and How Old Were You?

I guess mine has to be my Mother taking me away from my Foster Parents after 6 happy years with them.I remember my screams and then being put in an Orphanage where I cried all the time.Even now I cry for that little girl sometimes forgetting it was me.Thank goodness it wouldn't be allowed today.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 12:25 AM

Re: What Are Your Earliest Memories and How Old Were You?

What a sad memory Bonny

Mine has to be when I was 5 and I was outside picking bluebells, sitting sideways on the grass and a piece of glass was sticking up through the soil which gave me a deep gash just above my knee. Still have the scar to this day.
Bonny
UK
Bonny is female  Bonny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 12:29 AM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
What a sad memory Bonny

Mine has to be when I was 5 and I was outside picking bluebells, sitting sideways on the grass and a piece of glass was sticking up through the soil which gave me a deep gash just above my knee. Still have the scar to this day.
Ouch bet that hurt babe.We both have unpleasant memories but in different ways.The awful thing is I can remember back like a hundred years lol but fgs don't ask me what I did an hour ago!!!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 01:09 AM

That's a terrible memory Bonnie

I don't know if my earliest memory is genuine or something I was told. Our house had a mirror over the fireplace. I used to sit on Mum's knee in front of the fire and when Dad came home from work he would stop in the doorway and I would see his reflection in the mirror, a cause for great excitement.
My mother died when I was 15 months old so I must have been very young at the time.

I can defiantly remember pulling the springs out of an alarm clock aged three when I got bored during an after lunch nap .
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Bonny ->
The awful thing is I can remember back like a hundred years lol but fgs don't ask me what I did an hour ago!!!
That happens to me regularly Bonny, I think it may have something to do with the ageing process

Originally Posted by Meg ->

I can defiantly remember pulling the springs out of an alarm clock aged three when I got bored during an after lunch nap .
That made me laugh Meg You obviously have an inquisitive mind.
Bonny
UK

19-01-2012, 01:19 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That's a terrible memory Bonnie

I don't know if my earliest memory is genuine or something I was told. Our house had a mirror over the fireplace. I used to sit on Mum's knee in front of the fire and when Dad came home from work he would stop in the doorway and I would see his reflection in the mirror, a cause for great excitement.
My mother died when I was 15 months old so I must have been very young at the time.

Yes Meg I have many bad memories of my childhood and teenage years which made me realise that life is not a bowl of cherry's....still sometimes you have to through the dark to get to the light I guess.
Meg that is great memories babe and at such an early age.As for the clock....naughty girl lol
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 12:23 PM

That's a sad story Bonny but you seem to have overcome the worst of it and seem to be a happy person now.

My earliest memory is of my dad taking me to a chip shop. The shop had black and white tiles covering the walls. The memory makes me feel happy, although I don't know why.
Bonny
UK

19-01-2012, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
That's a sad story Bonny but you seem to have overcome the worst of it and seem to be a happy person now.

My earliest memory is of my dad taking me to a chip shop. The shop had black and white tiles covering the walls. The memory makes me feel happy, although I don't know why.
Nobody should be without love it taught me and also made me want to make something of myself as this story goes alot deeper and made me want to "show them"...which I did.Anyway another Thread maybe....
Mesco in my mind I can still smell fish and chips from all those years ago and wasn't it great!!!No wonder that memory makes you happy as those fish and chips were mmmmm!!!!
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-01-2012, 02:15 PM

My first real memory as such(apart from snippets) is of me sitting in a Locked cold Police cell crying my eyes out as my Dad said to the policeman outside leave him there.
Bonny
UK

19-01-2012, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by Antibrown ->
My first real memory as such(apart from snippets) is of me sitting in a Locked cold Police cell crying my eyes out as my Dad said to the policeman outside leave him there.
Ahhh ((((((((((hugs)))))))

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top