Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 10:02 AM

Text Breakup.

Relationship breakup re: text...how long has this been going on for?

How did you breakup with a boyfriend / girlfriend in your past?

Did you get someone else to do it for you?

Were you brave enough to do it yourself?
Tell me about it, I’m all ears!!...

I want to know the story behind your break ups?..

Not the whole story, if you get my meaning.....only how you broke up with a boyfriend/ girlfriend.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 11:06 AM

Re: Text Breakup.

I used to be subtle...

I just used to start an argument and stomp off!

Or

Tell them, l felt they didn’t like me anymore and there was no point in carrying on. If they protested and said, they hadn’t gone off me. I would say, l felt they had and it was best to leave it.

The story behind the break ups? I used to get bored easily and l didn’t want to settle down. I am not good at commitment as l love my freedom.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 12:00 PM

Just told most I didn't want to go out with them any more. No cell phones then, you told them face to face.
One wanted to settle down, I didn't, another cheated on me, another was too controlling. One was married, with kids, he was a mistake. Most relationships petered out, rather than dump or be dumped.
Only one actually dumped me & that was after I said I couldn't marry him.
I found my late OH & that was me settled for nearly 50 years.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 12:56 PM

In my bachelor days usually just started up with someone else. Sometimes resulted in histrionics but what the hell.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
In my bachelor days usually just started up with someone else. Sometimes resulted in histrionics but what the hell.
Histrionic personality disorder?

I bet you were a right babe magnet, in your youth..?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Histrionic personality disorder?

I bet you were a right babe magnet, in your youth..?
Hardly. There was a clique who were attracted to the smell of petrol, hot Castrol R, and often wet Barbour jackets though. Especially if there was a lingering presence of Weed. A "Mod" I was not.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 01:46 PM

I was dumped twice, in person, by her.

The first time we weren't even dating.

The second time, we had been dating for about eight months.

Poor communication on my part was the reason both times.

We have been happily married now for over thirty seven years, and we have never had an argument or cross word in all that time.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 02:21 PM

I have ended a couple of relationships by email , the first because he was moody and controlling .

This will make you smile , we had spent a few days together a regular thing , I suggested a nice steak dinner on the Saturday night ready by 7pm . I love cooking
7.15 arrived meal was half cooked , 7.30 arrived meal was ready , I rang him , his reply was "I'm on the golf course I'll come when I'm ready " my reply was @$£÷+@ o@@ . I ate his meal , drank his wine and ate his pudding it was lush, then told him where to go in an email 😁
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
I have ended a couple of relationships by email , the first because he was moody and controlling .

This will make you smile , we had spent a few days together a regular thing , I suggested a nice steak dinner on the Saturday night ready by 7pm . I love cooking
7.15 arrived meal was half cooked , 7.30 arrived meal was ready , I rang him , his reply was "I'm on the golf course I'll come when I'm ready " my reply was @$£÷+@ o@@ . I ate his meal , drank his wine and ate his pudding it was lush, then told him where to go in an email 😁
Good for you!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

11-03-2021, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by tiffany ->
just told most i didn't want to go out with them any more. No cell phones then, you told them face to face.
One wanted to settle down, i didn't, another cheated on me, another was too controlling. One was married, with kids, he was a mistake. Most relationships petered out, rather than dump or be dumped.
Only one actually dumped me & that was after i said i couldn't marry him.
I found my late oh & that was me settled for nearly 50 years.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top