Join for free
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 09:19 AM

It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important

‘It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.’ – Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, The Little Prince.

If we truly love something, we spend (or invest?) time in it. As time is a valuable resource, when invested, it makes the person, goal or activity even more important for us.

But there’s a negative side too. Sometimes we hold on to the past and to the irrelevant people, goals or activities just because we already spent too much time on them.

Have you adjusted your goals/activities/ or the people in your life over time and do you review these often?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 10:38 AM

Re: It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important

I still have more or less the same hobbies I always did have over the years. I have never made any money with them, but that's not been the point. I enjoy them, and its relaxing, so any time I spend on them is priceless. However, I do collect far too much *stuff* in relation to them, so yes, I hold onto them because I "might need them" in the future. A tad wasteful, I admit...but not under review any time soon
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 11:57 AM

Re: It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important

Nothing is irrelevant in a persons story book, everything is part of the knock on effect.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 02:41 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I still have more or less the same hobbies I always did have over the years. I have never made any money with them, but that's not been the point. I enjoy them, and its relaxing, so any time I spend on them is priceless. However, I do collect far too much *stuff* in relation to them, so yes, I hold onto them because I "might need them" in the future. A tad wasteful, I admit...but not under review any time soon
You sound like a girl after my own heart. 'Hobbies' is my middle name, and I have invested lots of time, effort and money in them all my life. I have made some money occasionally, but rarely, and that was never the point anyway. I have collected loads of stuff too, because I can't bear the thought that I might think of something I want to make but don't have the resources to hand.

I'm the same with food - so many spices, herbs, baking ingredients etc, so I'm never caught out if there's a particular dish or cake I want to make. It keeps my busy and keeps me happy, but I do worry about my kids having to go through and sort everything after I've gone
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
You sound like a girl after my own heart. 'Hobbies' is my middle name, and I have invested lots of time, effort and money in them all my life. I have made some money occasionally, but rarely, and that was never the point anyway. I have collected loads of stuff too, because I can't bear the thought that I might think of something I want to make but don't have the resources to hand.

I'm the same with food - so many spices, herbs, baking ingredients etc, so I'm never caught out if there's a particular dish or cake I want to make. It keeps my busy and keeps me happy, but I do worry about my kids having to go through and sort everything after I've gone
Hahaha! I'm the same with the cooking ingredients too. Oh dear, our poor families! Although with my hobby stuff - I do box it up and date it, thinking I will give it away if I haven't used anything within 6 months. This serves no purpose whatsoever because I invariably use it within that time......
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-03-2021, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Hahaha! I'm the same with the cooking ingredients too. Oh dear, our poor families! Although with my hobby stuff - I do box it up and date it, thinking I will give it away if I haven't used anything within 6 months. This serves no purpose whatsoever because I invariably use it within that time......
Oh dear, I'm not very good at giving/throwing stuff away. I mean to, but I just don't get around to it. When sewing I save scraps into three categories: large enough bits for using on another project, smaller bits to turn into patchwork or appliqué, much smaller bits that I have no use for but I pass on to the local primary school for their craft room. Oh and I also keep a bag of waste thread, teeny tiny fabric offcuts, ends of yarn etc, to use for stuffing (so why do I buy bags of toy stuffing anyway? You tell me )

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top