Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2012, 05:21 PM

Spring.

I know that it's quite a way to go yet but I have been thinking of making some changes to my home and garden, just cosmetic really, nothing major.

Has anyone else got plans to make some changes come Springtime?
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2012, 05:25 PM

Re: Spring.

Well I get itchy feet as soon as january comes round, I have chosen the colour of paint for the house outside and the colour for the living room. I dont know why I do this to myself as it will be wrist slashing trying to get himself to do it.But its a challenge and Annie doesnt give in easily.
John
Eastleigh Hampshire
John is male  John has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2012, 05:27 PM

Apart from getting someone else to do the tedious jobs, ie. Weeding, Grass Cutting, Digging etc., while I sit on my tush, no.
mesco m
manchester
mesco m is female  mesco m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2012, 06:20 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Well I get itchy feet as soon as january comes round, I have chosen the colour of paint for the house outside and the colour for the living room. I dont know why I do this to myself as it will be wrist slashing trying to get himself to do it.But its a challenge and Annie doesnt give in easily.
You just keep hammering away at him Annie.

I know how you feel though but I have already planted the idea of a garden makeover in his head. I will wait for things to develop.
Graham
South Hampshire
Graham is male  Graham has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2012, 06:33 PM

I hope to have some grass in our garden. It had always been a little neglected, but last year my wife decided to dig up 'everything' and I have had my once-green garden turned into a Lunar Apollo landscape (complete with craters and a washing line stand as opposed to a US flag). By the time she finished removing everything which could be called 'alive', it was too late to plant seeds. So hopefully I hope to move from a lunar landscape to maybe a martian one.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-01-2012, 07:44 PM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
I know that it's quite a way to go yet but I have been thinking of making some changes to my home and garden, just cosmetic really, nothing major.

Has anyone else got plans to make some changes come Springtime?
Not really I would like to do some decorating but avoid doing any these days unless it is really essential because of the cost of materials.

Once one is retired it means dipping into savings to make improvements and once money is spent it is not easy to replace . There may be things I need urgently like a new cooker so I tend to hang on to savings where I can .
Also my eyesight is not what it was and this makes decorating difficult.
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2012, 08:50 AM

I did a garden makeover a few years ago, so it's a lot easier now. A lot of grass to cut but I don't mind that as I have a big powerfull old mower that wiskes through it. I have a lot of big shrubs at the bottom of the garden in those bark chips so that's easy to keep. My main job is a nice display of Tubs and I love doing that.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-01-2012, 11:34 AM

I like messing about and making changes in the garden MescoM, but don't do what I did about three years ago. I planned a makeover of the garden - with the idea of making it easier when I retired, but I think got carried away and I planted too much which made it more complicated and harder to look after. This year, although I don't want to get rid of stuff, I am going to try and streamline it a bit so it is actually easier to look after this time. I think an important thing is too get the structure and hardscaping right to begin with and then it is easier to see where you are going and what you are trying to do. Trouble is I can't really be let loose in the garden centre because I love most plants and have to have a go at growing them - which isn't always practical (+ it's expensive).
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-01-2012, 06:05 PM

Got the garden sorted last year and now I am thinking inside. Had new tops in the kitchen and decorated just before Christmas so now I am thinking colours for the living room. The LR is 20 feet wide and drives me nuts, so I have painted the two end walls dark Brown and the ones in between Cream so am looking for a colour for the cream walls. I keep putting it off as I cant see the point of painting as I dont want to do it then Die and miss it all, but I may have convinced myself now.I am a gemini and do get bored easily.
Janela
Fondly Remembered
Essex UK
Janela is female  Janela has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2012, 07:58 PM

Yes, is the short answer mesco

One major change, a new kitchen. Ours is old and tired....it has seen two children grow up and two dogs.
A GSD 14yrs and then a collie/lab cross 17 years.
We've chosen it and although it is the same 'u' shape, obviously it will be modern, with integrated appliances.
We do plan to freshen up the rest of the place, and maybe get the outside painted too.
Our time hasn't been our own for some years, we need now to de-clutter and smarten up
Look forward to hearing of everyones progress.......I intend to 'bump' this thread...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top