Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2012, 02:15 AM

Friday the 13th

Are we suspicious? Of course we're not.

Last night driving home from work I was driving into a blaze of glory with a wonderful sunset somewhere over in the West. Well the sunset couldn't be anywhere else, but the sky was a mixture of orange and bright pink which was incredibly beautiful.

Several hours later when I went out again, the gritters were out but, as far as I can see at just after 1 a.m. there's no signs of ice, but who's to know?

I hope Friday the 13th will be a good day for all.
pixie
Canada
pixie is female  pixie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2012, 02:26 AM

Re: Friday the 13th

sounds lovley as for the 13 no problem
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2012, 08:26 AM

Good morning Mollie, Pixie and everyone else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZtS3R...eature=related

Zero degrees here with a wind blowing down from the Trosacs making it much colder but it is dry and the stars are filling the skies with their glistening beauty. A few of mother natures creatures have ventured out foraging for food yet all is quiet at the farm. The puddles are covered with ice and the grass is crunchy under foot.

Plans for today as it is Friday are to have a clean up, lunch at home, Fish and Chips, then an afternoon of relaxing with a book.

Eileen your in my thoughts and in my prayers(((((hugs))))).

Have a great day everyone stay safe and warm, me!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViSkI...eature=related
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2012, 10:29 AM

Hi everyone, beautiful morning here after a frosty start.

Tesco's done, dog to vet's done and chores done already, so after our coffee we're off to the forest for a couple of hours with the dogs. Fish cake and chips for lunch and then seeing friends for a chat this afternoon....phew, what a day, I'll be ready for a rest soon....

Have a great day yourselves and hey, let's watch out for one another today...

Barry

p.s. We saw the wonderful sunset as well Mollie, it was really special wasn't it......
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2012, 11:08 AM

The sunset last night was beautiful, made me stand and take five minutes
Today woke up to frost, very cold and had to wrap up warm but still a pleasant day.
Had to watch out for my asthma though as the cold air really affects it.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2012, 11:39 AM

Good morning all, I'm glad the frosty weather has arrived, at least we know it's Winter and with a bit of luck it will be short and sweet, the way it was going no one knew where they stood Season wise. I'm a bit superstitious about Friday the 13th so I'll keep my cards close to my chest today and be extra careful not to annoy the Wife.
Hope nothing hard falls on your heads today Folks, no walking under ladders, be very careful and wear a helmet all day.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2012, 12:29 PM

A rather late good morning fellow members .
I went out early to get the shopping done and had to spend ages getting the frost off the car first. It is now a beautiful sunny morning just made for a walk.

I am babysitting Hannah later while the twins go for a swimming lesson so I am just having five minutes off with a cup of coffee . Have a lovely day everyone
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2012, 01:01 PM

Hello everyone

We had a hard frost during the night which has resulted in the most beautiful sunny day. It's still only 5ºC and the air is crisp the air.

With more frosts expected over the next few days, I think I'll cover my agapanthus just in case I lose it.

Nothing special planned for the day, completed the shopping and cleaning which just leaves a basket of ironing to do this afternoon.

Enjoy your day all!
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2012, 01:45 PM

Good morning all. I'm not superstitious so Friday the 13th is just another day for me. We're continuing to be dry but chilly here at -3C. There is actually a light snow forecast for Saturday night, our first sight of snow for the year. This has been the driest Winter in memory as it usually rains continuously the entire Winter. In December we had just 5 days with rain out of 31. It's all very strange. Still, I really enjoy the beautiful sunrise each morning.

Just grocery shopping plans for me today. I'm sure I'll pop into McDonald's for a cup of coffee before heading out. I love the peace and tranquility of shopping alone on weekdays. There are no huge crowds pushing each other around. Retirement is great!

Have a great day all!
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-01-2012, 05:42 PM

Glad you are enjoying yourself, you seem to have a nice life.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top