Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 04:21 PM

Alaska woman attacked by bear while using toilet

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-56136249

A woman in Alaska says she "jumped up and screamed" after she was attacked by a bear while using the toilet.

Shannon Stevens sustained a puncture wound while using a remote outhouse toilet at Chilkat Lake last weekend. Ms Stevens says the wound was caused by either a bite or a swipe from the animal's claw.

She was spending the weekend in a yurt with her brother Erik and his girlfriend when the incident occurred. Earlier in the evening they had cooked sausages on an open firepit. "I got out there and sat down on the toilet and immediately something bit my butt as I sat down," she told the Associated Press news agency.

She screamed for her brother who came out with a head torch to help her. After she pointed him to the toilet, Erik saw "right there at the level of the toilet seat was a cinnamon-coloured bear face," he said.

They ran from the outhouse and into the yurt, opting to stay inside until it got light. The following morning, they noticed bear prints by the firepit and the outhouse.

Ms Stevens told the Anchorage Daily News that she will practice a "look before you sit" policy in the future.
Bitten on the bare ass by a black bear .....
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 04:28 PM

Re: Alaska woman attacked by bear while using toilet

That would scare the sh!t out of her alright.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 04:45 PM

"Right there at the level of the toilet seat was a cinnamon-coloured bear face,"

The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 06:08 PM

I feel sorry for the bear. I can just envisage some old bruin hearing a noise and looking up and seeing what it took to be Scaly Foot Gastropod stuck upside down where it really didn't want to be and ---- good old bruin gave it a nip to help!

Wrong move.

Scaly Foot Gastropod ----

https://www.google.com/search?q=+sca...QbXND_xgTug_MM
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
That would scare the sh!t out of her alright.

The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 06:26 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
And the poor bear when it looked up!
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 07:16 PM

Originally Posted by percy vere ->
that would scare the sh!t out of her alright.

Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 09:11 PM

Did she think to put the toilet seat down
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 09:26 PM

I'm a bit surprised that the bear would be in the bathroom. Wouldn't it have been too large for the woman and the bear to have been in there at the same time?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-02-2021, 09:40 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
I'm a bit surprised that the bear would be in the bathroom. Wouldn't it have been too large for the woman and the bear to have been in there at the same time?
From the description quoted by the op, sound like the bear was already milling around in the pit under the seat.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top