Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2012, 10:22 AM

Good Morning Wednesday!

Morning to All Bit cold up here this morning but at least it is warm inside!

Hope everyone will enjoy a good day today, whatever you do.

I am off up to Glasgow in a wee while to meet a friend and I am looking forward to it.

Take care all.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2012, 10:23 AM

Re: Good Morning Wednesday!

Good morning Rosemary and all who follow and a lovely morning it is too .

Barry I hope all went well with your leg check up, Mags I hope your back problem is better and that everyone else has got rid of their sniffles.

I am off to stretch and pound my bread dough (a la Bertinet the bread guru ) and hope to have fresh baked bread for lunch.

Have an interesting and pleasant day however you choose to spend it
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2012, 10:26 AM

Good morning Rosemary, Meg and everyone else.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wl47EEYrAc

The walk this morning was eventful, we came across a sheep stuck in the mud and its voice was almost gone. I think it must have been stuck there all night, anyway after several attempts I manage to get it free despite the sucktion ot the mud holding it in place, put it to one side and went for the farmer who took it back to the farm to help it to revive. Whilst we were trying to free it the Crows had gathered probably thinking a cheap meal was on the menu and the noise from them when the sheep was freed could have wakened the dead. This made us late for our weekly shopping trip and hense my late intervention here.

Plans for today are a trip to one shop for a painting ( Desert Orchid) that we have had cleaned, followed by a trip to another shop with a Mantle clock that we want serviced then Lunch at home after which the afternoon will be spent relaxing with Napoleon and Mrs Bailey.

Eileen (((((hugs)))))

Barry I hope the leg problem is not to bad.

Have a great day everyone, do you ever feel like

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=caTGU4jS5LM
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2012, 10:32 AM

Good morning Rosemary, Meg, AB and to everyone who is to follow, on a very mild (10 deg.) and calm day in the Midlands. It really is springlike at the moment, we had two hours in the garden yesterday afternoon and thoroughly enjoyed it...

Hospital visit yesterday was interesting, apparently the thing on my leg is a pre-cancerous growth, which is very common and can be dealt with quite easily. They will lance it in a couple of weeks and then decide on any further treatment after the histology has been done. Usually, apparently, no further treatment will be necessary....

Plans for today are doing a few little maintenance jobs around the house, cooking salmon and roast veg for lunch and then walking the pups through the woods for an hour or so..

Have a great day yourselves and hey, let's watch out for one another today....

Sending best get well vibes to Eileen..

Barry
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2012, 10:51 AM

Good morning all. I'm not quite human as it's 1:30 in the morning here. I had a bad dream that has me up in the wee hours. It's -3C here with a sunny day in the forecast. The weather has been really mild across the United States this Winter with the exception being Alaska. They report 48 feet of snow, burying towns that declared a need for help digging out. Can you imagine 48 feet of snow? They said they have no place to put it all when they dig. The Army Reserve is there now with heavy equipment. How bizarre!

It was glorious to see my first Social Security check of 2012 deposited in my account. It contained a $48 a month cost of living raise. It has been 3 years since the last one and is a welcome site. So, as with every month, I go from pauper to comfortable, at least for a while.

I'm supposed to join my friend and go to see a movie this afternoon but to be honest my heart isn't in it. Warren has been deeply depressed lately about his financial situation so it isn't much fun being around him. I do it because he's my friend and needs someone to talk to.

I'll start my day at McDonald's as usual. We had great fun yesterday because two of our group had their birthdays yesterday. One turned 45 and the other 82. Phyllis, at 82, still works at McDonald's. We sang them "Happy Birthday".

Have a good day all!

Phyllis - 82

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2012, 11:24 AM

Barry that's good news and shows the importance of getting things checked out doesn't it.

Bob I love you 'people pictures' they seem to catch the character of the person in question.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2012, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Barry that's good news and shows the importance of getting things checked out doesn't it.
Very true Meg. The "beast"on my thigh has been steadily growing for over a year, but as it does not hurt, it does not itch and it does not bleed, it really didn't seem to be a problem, in fact it was only after being bullied by Mrs PM that I went to the doctor. I actually felt a fraud going, and was worried that I was wasting her time...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2012, 02:31 PM

Good afternoon all, another lovely day here. Just in for a bite to eat then back out to work.
Great news Barry.
Is that Desert Orchid the famous race horse AB?, manys the few quid I won on that great horse.
Enjoy the day folks.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2012, 04:02 PM

Good afternoon all

Very gloomy and overcast, hopefully it will brighten up tomorrow as we've decided to take a trip to Devon for the day.

Had a dental appointment this morning supposedly just for a check up. I told the dentist that the enamel on one side of my tooth had broken away from the filling ...... thinking that he would tell me to make an appointment for him to fix it. Not him! He said he would repair it there and then for me He is a new dentist who replaced my previous one who has retired. I'm very impressed with him as he saved me weeks of worrying about having that tooth repaired!

Barry, I'm pleased to hear that the "thing" on your leg can be dealt with quite easily .... good luck with it and well done with MrsPM nagging you to get it looked at!

AB, I'm so pleased you were able to rescue that sheep from the mud, well done!

BobM, that is a lovely photo of Phyllis...

Thinking of Eileen and sending healing vibes...
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-01-2012, 08:12 PM

AB am so pleased that you were able to rescue that poor sheep and I hope it survives.

Barry pleased that you were nagged to go and get that lump looked at on your leg, you can't leave things like that. My brother had something growing at the top of his leg which he ignored until it got too big to ignore and over the past 7 years he's had many many operations and all sorts of treatment and now can only get around on crutches because the tumour is gradually growing through the hip bone causing it to fracture!!

Love the photo of Phillis Bob.

Busy day today, 4 dogs walks which has taken up most of the day and since around 3pm there's been no water! Thought I'd better to to nearest village shop and get some in case it was off for hours, really pleased I did as I got the last couple of bottles otherwise it would have meant a 10 mile trip to the nearest town. I really hope the water comes back soooon.

Hope you've all had a good day

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top