Join for free
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 03:25 PM

Is Bath becoming ...

... the new centre for stupidity.

Local news reported yesterday about a couple from up country who had driven down to go sightseeing. Unsure where the best places to go were, and what to see, they asked a copper.

Local news today reported another non-local couple who were looking for a lockdown-breaking pub so they could have a drink. They also asked a copper for directions.

I think it is very public spirited of these people to pay for our police force out of their own pockets.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 04:12 PM

Re: Is Bath becoming ...

If the police would just point them in the direction of city clerk's office where they can pay their fine, it would be a perfect new concept for going on holiday:

Eco tourism, volunteer tourism...
now judicial tourism!

Who knew it would become a thing?

Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 04:48 PM

What frightens me the most about people like that, besides possibly spreading Covid around, is ... they have a vote.
Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
What frightens me the most about people like that, besides possibly spreading Covid around, is ... they have a vote.

... and are allowed behind the wheel of a car.
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Originally Posted by Fruitcake ->
... and are allowed behind the wheel of a car.

This type of person always seems to congregate around me when I'm trying to do something.

I only wanted a few bits from the shop and this woman was trying to pack a whole trolleyfull of stuff into a box that was the size of a cereal packet, and wondering why it wouldn't fit!
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 05:13 PM

I’ve noticed this before lockdown, people just don’t seem to have any common sense nowadays, weather walking in the street, driving or at work it seems stupidity is on the rise...
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 05:25 PM

Snowflake Culture, it's the in thing.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top