Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 10:25 AM

Good Morning Saturday.

Hi

Good Morning All.

Cold but dry, Sabina has taken me shopping and done the cashpoint, so I am happy.

Have a good day all and stay safe.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 10:30 AM

Re: Good Morning Saturday.

Good morning everyone it feels like Siberia outside and my eyelashes had frozen when I returned from my early walk across the fields .
Chloe, once reluctant now stands to attention by the door waiting to have her fleece put on and tummy tickled at the same time before we venture out .

I have thawed some yeast and if it still has a degree of life I will make some pizza dough for lunch.

Enjoy your day
macywack
north west, england
macywack is male  macywack has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 10:41 AM

good morning saturday people, cold and awesome wind cuts yer legs off
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 12:01 PM

Good Morning everyone from Foxy's World....

Minus 3*C here and it hasn't altered much all week. The snow that fell last Sunday and Monday has hardly melted and is still hanging around on the rooftops and in the gardens. Having ventured out early to do the Tesco shop (there were only about five of us in the store) the wind felt like being pricked by a thousand knives on any bare skin, and I couldn't feel my hands until after I got home and had my porridge....

The gout is still a bother (thanks for asking) but at least I can now depress the clutch pedal without too much discomfort. Not ready for running on yet though....

Electric bill is going to be a big one this time round because I've been spending a lot of time in the workshop and it was so cold I've had to use the fan heater...££££££££'s Whatever! I'm off in there as soon as I finish this post.....
Moyra
South East Essex
Moyra is female  Moyra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 12:13 PM

Good morning all. OGF, do you take anything for your gout. My Renal surgeon advised me a few years back to take colchincine and it has kept me free of gout ever since. Just one a day.

Have a good day all, take it easy and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 12:28 PM

Morning folks, b****y freezing here too, nearly cuts through you... brrr.. roll on spring..

We've walked the critters and had our coffee, and now I'll be starting to empty Rosemary's bedroom for a full re-vamp including electrics, decoration, flooring, skirtings and new furniture when it's finished so about a week's work I guess. It's been planned for awhile so I'm eager to get started...wish me luck..

I know what you mean about freezing workshops Bob, I just try to avoid mine in winter apart from nipping in for tools.

Have a good day and stay warm everyone
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by Moyra ->
Good morning all. OGF, do you take anything for your gout. My Renal surgeon advised me a few years back to take colchincine and it has kept me free of gout ever since. Just one a day.

Have a good day all, take it easy and above all stay safe and well. God bless.
Good Morning Moyra....

I rang my doctor and yes, she prescribed me 12 colchicine tablets, apparently they are very strong and lower your immune system so it doesn't react to the inflammation.
I took two each day until the pain eased off, but I've stopped taking them now because with covid hanging around I didn't want to compromise my immune any further than I needed to.

I'm not in too much pain now Moyra thanks, but my foot is still a bit swollen and it makes walking uncomfortable, so running and walking are off the menu for a few more days yet. Mind you, with all this freezing cold weather it's not too much of a hardship...
Best wishes and Stay warm and safe Moyra....
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

13-02-2021, 12:34 PM

Sounds like a good project Barry, but it would probably take me longer than a week to do all that. Good luck with it...
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 12:50 PM

A late good morning from me feeling extremely cold here and snow forecast for this afternoon.

Plans for today are to keep warm.

Enjoy your day.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 05:10 PM

I saw 3 brass monkeys waiting outside the local blacksmith's this morning.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top