Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 04:48 PM

For the first time ever ...

I have had an incomplete Sainsbury's delivery. They had no Wiltshire Ham, Second Class Stamps, Brussels Pate, Queen Olives or Jam Doughnuts! What is the world coming to??

They did have all the exciting stuff though - Bleach, Washing Up Liquid, J Cloths, and Cat Food.

Hmm - J Cloth and Whiskas sandwiches? Maybe not!
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 05:16 PM

Re: For the first time ever ...

The smaller independent stores around here seem not to have any supply shortages, although prices are higher.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 05:19 PM

Fortunately Sainsbury’s delivered my complete order yesterday.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 05:25 PM

I know it probably can't be helped, but it is still frustrating when items you've been waiting for are missing from an order, even more so when it is ingredients to make something.
I guess its a chance we take when we put our orders in.
You'll have to dunk a biccy instead of having a nice doughnut, Tabs.
Zuleika
North West UK
Zuleika is female  Zuleika has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 05:36 PM

That’s why there’s a tick box in Sainsburys online for Substitutes except in the case of some items I wonder what the pick and packer might choose lol ?
I only tick for a sub for the Taste The Difference potatoes , Hovis Wheatgerm bread and Sainsburys SS 2 pint milk .
With Tesco who I also use , it’s a bit different , there’s a Note next to Substitute box so you can make your own request .
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 06:28 PM

I used Tesco quite successfully, until they ran out of slots for the next two weeks. I switched to Morrisons who forgot my salad (no replacement), so I tried Asda - incomplete delivery but still charged full whack. Running out of options now
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 07:22 PM

We get most of our stuff from Aldı and Home Bargains. Only a 5 minute walk. Good quality at reasonable prices. We tried to book a slot from Tesco at the beginning of the lockdown with no success.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I have had an incomplete Sainsbury's delivery. They had no Wiltshire Ham, Second Class Stamps, Brussels Pate, Queen Olives or Jam Doughnuts! What is the world coming to??

They did have all the exciting stuff though - Bleach, Washing Up Liquid, J Cloths, and Cat Food.

Hmm - J Cloth and Whiskas sandwiches? Maybe not!
I do hope you are OK for Jamesons 😐
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 08:12 PM

Got my complete order from Waitrose today nothing missing , free (they do that near the sell by date) , substituted just what i ordered including some delicious Yorkshire rhubarb
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2021, 12:02 AM

I got some lovely jam donuts today and some Wiltshire ham. Oh, and I bought some stamps while I was there too.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top