Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 10:43 AM

The NHS

Hi

Everything is not getting better.

It is in a mess and not only do we need reforms, we need to pay more for it.

Yes it is top heavy and we do need a huge cull of non productive managers.

The day to day essentials are creaking.

It is not all Doctors and Nurses, it is the Health Care Assistants, the Housekeepers and Cleaners and Porters.

They are run off their feet and exhausted, both mentally and physically.

My carers this last stay where Army Medics.

Things are so bad that is who we are reliant upon.

The Doctors and Nurses are Foreign, my Doctor was a tiny Afghan Refugee, she was no more than 4 foot 9 inch tall.

The nurses where Phillipian or Keralliain.

They have not been home to see family for a year.

Holidays cancelled, they will be home to see family as soon as possible.

The NHS will not be back to normal anytime soon.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 11:52 AM

Re: The NHS

I think everybody is quite aware of all this, Swim.
It is on the news, in the papers, and down our throats every single day.

I was in hospital last week too, but I haven't felt the need to post about it every day. I had a couple of very nice, cheerful army medics helping me as well. It's nothing new.

Sorry, but maybe you would get better quicker if you tried to look forward, be more positive, and be grateful for all the help you receive - I know I was.

The ambulance girls were so kind.
Everyone at hospital did thier utmost to look after me.
The army lads brought me cups of tea and helped make things more comfortable.
Tests were quickly and efficiently carried out.
I could not fault the care I had.

I had kind neighbours coming in to take my dogs out.
More friends and neighbours coming in to feed them for me.
Another neighbour offering to drive me to the shops.
Others ringing or texting every single day to check on me after I got home.

I cannot and will not complain. I am just plain grateful.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 12:23 PM

The NHS may never get back to normal! Huge amounts of NHS resources have been used to defeat this Covid virus and even the vaccinations won't get rid of it quickly!

Who is to blame for that?

It is the people of this country who think " It wont happen to me" or " it is just a flu virus and we have managed to cope with those" ?

You cannot switch the TV on without hearing that we should stay home, wear masks and socially distance, but unless everybody sticks to the rules people will still catch Covid & die!
Everybody should know the rules that apply to them, so there is no excuse for breaking them.

The vaccines are not a miracle cure but if everybody, that can have one, does have one & we all accept that they are not a "quick fix" to this virus we may be taking the first steps to beating it.
I find it unacceptable that so many unqualified people have their own opinions & wont follow the rules! There is a good chance we may all need these vaccines every year till we beat it, but if people refuse the jabs in the same way they refused the flu jabs, our chances of beating it are hopeless... so there may be Covid wards in our hospitals for a number of years!

We are a densely populated country & I find it sad that those who won't follow the rules may be responsible for unnecessary deaths of others.

Mups I think that most NHS staff are being very kind & caring to those who need help, but sadly there are still drunken idiots who have to be removed from A&E by security! How sad that some people spoil the wonderful service the NHS offers, by being stupid!
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 12:27 PM

Very Well said Mups!

My own experience, with hospital, is the same as yours.

i.e. Very much appreciated.

I'm less impressed with the local Practice Doctors who are still "in hiding".
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Very Well said Mups!

Thank you Ted.
And I must say I agree with you completely about local GP's.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 02:22 PM

Well said, Mups & Ted.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 03:10 PM

I agree. Well said Mups & Ted. Locally, things are not so good but ring for an ambulance and somehow it will get there, despite everything.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
Very Well said Mups!

Ditto. When I went into hospital for my operation last June, I couldn't have been better cared for but, I'm still waiting for my 6 week post-operative check up .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Thank you Ted.
And I must say I agree with you completely about local GP's.
Some of the GPs and Nurse from my surgery are helping out with the vaccinations.

I have had three lots of surgery since July last year and have only praise for the staff at all levels. They were brilliant.

Noticed Boris the barmy is planning on reforms for the NHS - I hope he will cut out some of the unnecessary management levels and also keep better control of the finances. I worked for the NHS for over 30yrs and the wastage is appalling.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-02-2021, 04:18 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Some of the GPs and Nurse from my surgery are helping out with the vaccinations.

I have had three lots of surgery since July last year and have only praise for the staff at all levels. They were brilliant.

Noticed Boris the barmy is planning on reforms for the NHS - I hope he will cut out some of the unnecessary management levels and also keep better control of the finances. I worked for the NHS for over 30yrs and the wastage is appalling.
Are you quite sure about this Tabby? I was under the impression it was Matt Hancock that was leading this initiative.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top