Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 04:44 PM

Ever Thought Of Writing a Book?

I'm thinking of writing a book.

Have you ever written one?

Mine will be a murder mystery and I plan to leave out the last chapter, so that readers will be able to imagiine a solution which suits them best.

I first got the idea when I bought a book at a local Charity Shop. Someone had cut out the last pages.

I spent ages working it all out, in my head, and then had to go and buy a new copy of the book to find out who really dunnit!

Fruitcake
Somerset Riviera
Fruitcake is male  Fruitcake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 05:01 PM

Re: Ever Thought Of Writing a Book?

Not until the last year. I wrote a series of interlinked short stories in my head during lockdown in order to keep my brain active.

I was encouraged to write it out by a few posters on OFF which I finished doing last week and posted it as a novella of ten chapters in the Other Leisure Activities section of this forum.

I say go for it. You never how it will turn out if you don't try.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 05:06 PM

I have considered writing a book but don't think I am sufficiently capable of doing so .

On one of our 'doggy sister sites' I started writing a blog about leaving home at 15 to join a famous kennel and had dozens of suggestions to write a book, flattering but way beyond my abilities
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 05:09 PM

I’ve been writing stories since I was at school, for as long as I can remember.

Have done quite a few short stories, and still have my ‘novel’ as a WiP.
Ember
New Member!
United Kingdom
Ember is female 

11-02-2021, 05:13 PM

I have started quite a few and not completed. Not to put you off Tedc but I really like to have an ending.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 05:18 PM

My novel is a WIP - written lots of short stories.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 05:22 PM

Originally Posted by Tedc ->
I'm thinking of writing a book.

Have you ever written one?

Mine will be a murder mystery and I plan to leave out the last chapter, so that readers will be able to imagiine a solution which suits them best.

I first got the idea when I bought a book at a local Charity Shop. Someone had cut out the last pages.

I spent ages working it all out, in my head, and then had to go and buy a new copy of the book to find out who really dunnit!

I started one today Ted, but l tried doing it on an OFF Thread and
I'd almost finished the beginning when somehow my computer
deleted every thing?? This happened twice ??
Gonna use paper termorrer !!!

Donkeyman! 👎🤔👎
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I’ve been writing stories since I was at school, for as long as I can remember.

Have done quite a few short stories, and still have my ‘novel’ as a WiP.

I read your first chapter - remember Jazzi?

I definitely think it's one for publishing. (If you ever finish it)
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 05:38 PM

when my grandchildren were small I wrote a dozen books for them, and printed them on the computer made covers for them, there were only 10 or 12 pages in them, just stories that I used to make up for them. as far as I know they still have them..
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 05:46 PM

Oh yes, absolutely. I do NaNoWriMo most Novemeber's and get halfway through before hitting a block. I only completed it once. So yes I would love to write a proper book.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top