Join for free
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 12:21 PM

Printer on the fritz!

For some reason best known to itself - my Epson XP 235 has decided to only print in purple!

Wasted precious ink in doing nozzle checks, head cleans, and head realignments - no change.

Epson Customer Services is a joke - in fact I do not believe it exists.

Had reluctantly decided to buy a new printer and was rummaging about on Amazon when this came up:-

Jetlifetech Printer Head Cleaning solution. Not heard of it before so checked the 'reviews' - one of these was from someone who had had the same problem as me - and this stuff had cured it.

Tried it this morning - works beautifully - and at £12.99p per bottle it is certainly cheaper than a new printer. Only uses 10ml at a time and the bottle holds 100ml. Designed to work with Epson, Canon, and HP.

Just thought I would pass this information on!
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 12:31 PM

Re: Printer on the fritz!

My Epson MG3051 is not printing properly atm. How does the cleaning solution get onto the head?
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetsue ->
My Epson MG3051 is not printing properly atm. How does the cleaning solution get onto the head?
The kit contains :-

1 x 100ml bottle of fluid.
1 x 5ml syringe
1 x length of plastic tubing
3 x nozzles.

And a clearly written/illustrated instruction leaflet.

You start by doing a basic nozzle check to identify which head is blocked - remove that cartridge - disconnect printer from the mains power - draw up solution into syringe - attach it to print head and inject - leave for one hour - blot any excess fluid from round print head - connect everything up again - job done!
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 01:00 PM

Top tip .....

Years ago I had the "purple printer" problem and scrapped the printer ..... there was no solution at the time .....

I'll bear this one in mind .....
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!

11-02-2021, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
Top tip .....

Years ago I had the "purple printer" problem and scrapped the printer ..... there was no solution at the time .....

I'll bear this one in mind .....
I have just printed out 12 photos for a card I have been commissioned to make - and I am so delighted with the results = colour perfect and crystal clear.

Amazon is your friend!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-02-2021, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
For some reason best known to itself - my Epson XP 235 has decided to only print in purple!

Wasted precious ink in doing nozzle checks, head cleans, and head realignments - no change.

Epson Customer Services is a joke - in fact I do not believe it exists.

Had reluctantly decided to buy a new printer and was rummaging about on Amazon when this came up:-

Jetlifetech Printer Head Cleaning solution. Not heard of it before so checked the 'reviews' - one of these was from someone who had had the same problem as me - and this stuff had cured it.

Tried it this morning - works beautifully - and at £12.99p per bottle it is certainly cheaper than a new printer. Only uses 10ml at a time and the bottle holds 100ml. Designed to work with Epson, Canon, and HP.

Just thought I would pass this information on!
That's useful to know about. Thanks.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top