Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2021, 10:15 PM

That One Person

It's is very odd, while running errands today, I ran into the same person three different times at three different stores.

When I flew last week, I encountered a threesome of girls who happened to be getting out of their cars at the airport the same time I did. They were in front of me in the screening line, happened to be on the same flight, were in the convenience shop at the same time, and ended up being assigned to the row in front of me on the plane.

Strange, isn't it!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2021, 10:18 PM

Re: That One Person

Coincidence can surprise us some times.
I knew a lady from Cheshire (UK ) who got into a lift in Washington DC and one of her neighbours was in the lift
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2021, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
It's is very odd, while running errands today, I ran into the same person three different times at three different stores.

When I flew last week, I encountered a threesome of girls who happened to be getting out of their cars at the airport the same time I did. They were in front of me in the screening line, happened to be on the same flight, were in the convenience shop at the same time, and ended up being assigned to the row in front of me on the plane.

Strange, isn't it!
Yes, strange indeed SM!

I'm in awe that you flew! Gosh you must have strong arms lass. Kudos to you kiddo
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2021, 10:29 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Coincidence can surprise us some times.
I knew a lady from Cheshire (UK ) who got into a lift in Washington DC and one of her neighbours was in the lift
Yes, it is! Driving down the highway with a friend and all of our kids in the back, she mentioned that the driver of the car passing us looked a lot like another mutual friend whom we hadn't seen for a decade

When we realized it was our old friend and her husband, we flagged them down, met at the next exit, and agreed to have dinner later in the same town we were all coincidentally visiting.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

08-02-2021, 10:31 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
Yes, strange indeed SM!

I'm in awe that you flew! Gosh you must have strong arms lass. Kudos to you kiddo

All that surfboard paddling does wonders for biceps, but as for those those leathery legs and claws...
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2021, 10:58 PM

Does this count?

I met a bloke in a tiny restaurant in Katmandu in the early 1970s who I knew when I lived in Sydney four years before. I knew him quite well we shared a flat in Cremorne Point for some time. He was travelling overland from Australia to Britain and I was travelling overland from Britain to Australia.

Remember the days when that travel was possible?
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2021, 10:59 PM

We were queueing at the airport when we got talking to the next couple in the queue. When we arrived at the hotel, they were in the next room....
We've been good friends ever since, they only live 20 miles away from us.....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2021, 11:03 PM

Went to Bruges for the day and ended up in a restaurant, sitting next our neighbours two doors down.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-02-2021, 11:06 PM

The only coincidence in a similar vein that I can think of is when I say things like "Oh, haven't seen so & so for ages" then they turn up within a few days to a week! I keep trying it with the lottery but hasn't worked yet!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

08-02-2021, 11:19 PM

PK, that is an odd feeling when that happens. Keep us posted on your winnings .

OGF, that's a remarkable story! Something tells me you two have a collection of friends from your travels. Hopefully we will run into you and Mrs. OGF in a queue somewhere!

LD, how extravagant! I suppose I am more conventional; I just invite our friends to the house for lunch when I want to see them . Saves on the tip money, too .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top