Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 09:22 PM

Hands Up...Who Reads Magazines On Shelves But Doesn’t Buy Them?

It’s a bit cheeky isn’t it? I would never do it!
I look at the headlines of the newspapers but l don’t pick them up and have a good read and put them back!

In supermarkets or places like WH Smith, again, l see people leafing through the magazines, have a good read and then put them back.

In a way, it makes that magazine second-hand. If l am buying a magazine or newspaper, l never take the top copy... well you don’t know who’s been mauling it! I mean they might have just been to the toilet and not washed their hands... or worse!!

Another pet hate, is women whilst standing waiting to be served at a checkout, pick up a magazine and start reading it. When it’s their turn to be served they just stick the magazine back with the others! The downright cheek of them!!

What are your views, or are you guilty of this? It’s confession time!
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 09:26 PM

Re: Hands Up...Who Reads Magazines On Shelves But Doesn’t Buy Them?

I never read the magazines on the top shelf.I might look at the pictures though.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 09:27 PM

I don't read magazines, but I notice from the covers on the shelves that they're all intrinsically the same - the same soap stars and `celebs` on the covers, the same `exclusives` and other inane topics. Why are there so many of the damned things? Buy one, and you've read them all.
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 09:35 PM

Cannot see any harm in it myself ,I often do it !

Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
I never read the magazines on the top shelf.I might look at the pictures though.
Yeah Right! I believe you!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

02-02-2021, 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
I don't read magazines, but I notice from the covers on the shelves that they're all intrinsically the same - the same soap stars and `celebs` on the covers, the same `exclusives` and other inane topics. Why are there so many of the damned things? Buy one, and you've read them all.
That’s true... the more inane, the more they are a Zlister celeb with the worst baby voice, the more popular they seem to become!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

02-02-2021, 09:43 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
Cannot see any harm in it myself ,I often do it !

Apricot, At least you’re honest!
Cakeman
Essex, uk
Cakeman is male 

02-02-2021, 10:03 PM

guilty, i done that several times, some are expensive to buy so a quick browse saves money lol
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-02-2021, 10:11 PM

Perhaps thats why some are wrapped in plastic these days?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

02-02-2021, 10:14 PM

Originally Posted by Cakeman ->
guilty, i done that several times, some are expensive to buy so a quick browse saves money lol
Squeaker!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top