Join for free
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 09:46 AM

Did you know?

You can chat with your local constabulary on face-book?

I just contacted them as I'm a bit concerned my bully boy neighbour will blow his top at me when he sees the bollard I'm having erected on my drive today.

We had a good chat & they replied straight away.

They said to report him to them if he tries to bully me & they will follow it up.

I wanted them to give him a pre warning but they said no can do until/unless he actually makes a threat.

I have also contacted them about the covid rules. As you probably know from the news - Derbyshire Police went way OTT & made national news for fining 2 friends who were going a walk together.

Anyway - I think it's great that you can talk to them instantly. Hope this information might help somebody else.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 09:49 AM

Re: Did you know?

That’s good carol, at least you know if this guy does try anything, you can rely on them to have a word..
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->

I just contacted them as I'm a bit concerned my bully boy neighbour will blow his top at me when he sees the bollard I'm having erected on my drive today.

They said to report him to them if he tries to bully me & they will follow it up.

I wanted them to give him a pre warning but they said no can do until/unless he actually makes a threat.

I have also contacted them about the covid rules. As you probably know from the news - Derbyshire Police went way OTT & made national news for fining 2 friends who were going a walk together.

Anyway - I think it's great that you can talk to them instantly. Hope this information might help somebody else.

Thanks, for that info ,Carol, I never knew that, my police officer contacted me through g,mail,good luck with your bollard, that you are having fitted, don’t forget to post a pic of it,
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 02:20 PM

I didn't know you could do that, wonder if it's available way up here in the wilds. Have I got this wrong, but I thought you had a bollard put in some time ago to stop people parking on your drive.
Or am I thinking of another forum member?
xirrpy
Devon-all of it
xirrpy is male  xirrpy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 02:31 PM

If you encourage this sort of behaviour you will find crooks abandoning facebook
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I didn't know you could do that, wonder if it's available way up here in the wilds. Have I got this wrong, but I thought you had a bollard put in some time ago to stop people parking on your drive.
That was probably the fence Roxy.
See picture I just posted on my 'bollard' thread called 'Should I do it' The fence was the first line of action I took which resulted in great anger from bully boy.

Now as of today we have the bollard. I'm expecting him to explode but I know the police will be after him if he does.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 05:29 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
That might have been Pauline.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 05:51 PM

Yes I realise my mistake now, it was Pauline I was thinking of. Hope you get some peace now..
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 05:56 PM

Better still, put your mobile phone in your pocket and accidentally leave it on 'record'. Evidence!
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-01-2021, 07:40 PM

Awesome service!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top