Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 11:51 AM

Operations.

How many ,Have you had in your lifetime?

May I also ask,what operations they were?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 12:07 PM

Re: Operations.

Up until about three years ago l prided myself in going through life without having a stitch, breaking a bone or having an operation.

Then l had to have my gall bladder out. Luckily, it was done by keyhole surgery, so not so bad.

Just over a year ago, l fell onto a broken jagged roofing tile by the chicken coop in my garden, slicing my knee open and had to have 14 stitches. I would like to brag and say l sewed it up myself, like Rambo but l didn’t!!

I have never broken a bone....Touch wood.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 12:12 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Up until about three years ago l prided myself in going through life without having a stitch, breaking a bone or having an operation.

Then l had to have my gall bladder out. Luckily, it was done by keyhole surgery, so not so bad.

Just over a year ago, l fell onto a broken jagged roofing tile by the chicken coop in my garden, slicing my knee open and had to have 14 stitches. I would like to brag and say l sewed it up myself, like Rambo but l didn’t!!

I have never broken a bone....Touch wood.

I remember that nasty knee accident you had,Art, very nasty indeed.

Keyhole surgery scares me, ever since a friend told me, that her friend died from it, the surgeon apparently knicked her heart,.....
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I remember that nasty knee accident you had,Art, very nasty indeed.

Keyhole surgery scares me, ever since a friend told me, that her friend died from it, the surgeon apparently knicked her heart,.....
Pauline, I am so pleased you didn’t tell me that before l had my operation, l was scared enough at the time!

An operation would never bother me again as you don’t know anything about it. Once the anaesthetist, inserts that needle into your arm and does the countdown .... Zonk, you’re out of it!!
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 12:26 PM

4 operations for me. All fairly minor in and out same day. 2 hernia and 2 eye cataract.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
How many ,Have you had in your lifetime?

May I also ask,what operations they were?
My recent was about a year ago. Brain damage but I don't quite how to explain. I'm recovering and aphasia lingers on. Had cancer three or four years ago. And a nasty bike accident just a few weeks before my marriage.

That's all.....
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 12:36 PM

I've been to hospital many times with broken bones - about 7 in all I think.

Operations though - where I've been put to sleep - I've only had two.

They were both for removal of lipoma on my throat.
Complications with the second op last September & had to stay in hospital overnight.

Attached Thumbnails (Click to enlarge)
Click image for larger version

Name:	lipoma.op.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	51.8 KB
ID:	14659  
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 12:53 PM

Just one operation for me. I had a growth removed from my arm with a local anaesthetic in 2013..... 9 stitches.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-01-2021, 01:04 PM

Circumcision but I was too young to remember the details..

Broken arm suffered in a motoring accident (I wasn't driving by the way) completely broke both bones in my forearm (Radius and ulna I think) my hand was hanging on just by the skin. Had some metal supports bolted in and a pot on for six months.

Vasectomy that didn't work the first time so had to stay in hospital overnight while it was done again under general anesthetic...

Angioplasty twice ten years apart....Catheter entered into the groin and stents placed in my arteries. No anesthetic and watched the procedure on telly...
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

30-01-2021, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by carol ->
I've been to hospital many times with broken bones - about 7 in all I think.

Operations though - where I've been put to sleep - I've only had two.

They were both for removal of lipoma on my throat.
Complications with the second op last September & had to stay in hospital overnight.

Argh!! Carol, that looks very nasty!...

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top