Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2012, 08:10 AM

Carpenters Thursday

Good morning everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tt5hu...eature=related

Wind, Rain/Sleet cold, dark and dismal here today with mother natures creatures still tucked up in bed so we had the morning walk to our selves, even the farm was still in darkness.

Plans for today are quick visit to Aldi then off to a friends to repair his computer which gave up last night, I suspect the Graphics card has died from our conversation. Lunch will be at home, Ham Salad then the afternoon will be spent doing a 5000 piece jigsaw that she who must be obeyed bought yesterday.

Have a great day everyone and dont

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPmbT5XC-q0
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2012, 08:45 AM

Re: Carpenters Thursday

Good Morning Bob and Everyone Same weather up here Bob! I was awake all night - not because of the stormy weather outside (winds of up to 75 mph) but watchng out for Loki - she took one of her fits last night at bedtime but fingers crossed so far no more! I am now shattered! Loki slept though and is now sleeping in the kitchenette! Luckily enough her fit happened when she was lying half in the bedroom I use and half out of it and after she came to and got over her disorientation, she went in and lay down on her pillows at the side of my bed. I was able to watch out for her and give her water when she started to pant!

Many thanks for those links - the Carpenters were favourite!

Enjoy your day everyone whatever you do.

Take care.

Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2012, 09:28 AM

Very windy here. Our fence has blown down so not only can I not let the dogs into the garden but I now have to ring the landlord to fix it and find a way to hide Keightley when he comes.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2012, 09:38 AM

Morning from the Midlands where we've also had some pretty horrendous weather overnight... Greenhouse doors have been blown off, but luckily the glass wasn't broken so they are easily fixed when the wind eases.

Easy day planned, with liver and onions for lunch, a trip to the library and a walk with the pups when the rain passes through.

Hope Loki continues to improve Rosemary, they are such a worry aren't they...

Enjoy your day all and hey, let's be very careful out there today...

Barry
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2012, 12:28 PM

Wind and rain is back today. Lots a local damage and trees down according to the papers.
Brandykins, I hope Loki (and you) are OK today. Know where you are coming from as Murphy was epileptic for seven of his nine years.
I had a note pushed through my door this morning which said 'pray harder Mary'. I have two oak trees in the back garden and everyone else in our road had them too and because there were no preservation orders on them were cut down over the years. When I applied for one to be cut down the council immediately slapped a TPO on them both. A few years ago I went out into our back garden in a horrendous storm, in my nighty and prayed to God to fell one of these trees. No luck but the next morning I woke up to find a neighbours beloved huge weeping willow down. I was fuming and raged just like Basil Fawlty 'thank you God, thank you very much, wrong bloody tree!!' A neighbour heard me and since then when ever we have a storm we share this joke.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2012, 01:10 PM

Well all's calm here for the moment, wind has died down and the sun is shining for the first time in a while.

Hope Loki continues to improve Brandykins and Bridie hope you manage to hide Keighley when your landlord arrives to inspect the damaged fencing Loved your story about the oak trees Maryl I've got 3 young oak trees in my back garden and have been wondering if I should get rid of them before they get too big!!

Off into Carlisle shortly to return clothes from M&S which I bought before Christmas and then have a job to do on the way home.

Also need to phone vet when I get back and tell her about Tess as we had an accupuncture session booked for early next week so not looking forward to that but need to get it over and done with.

Enjoy the rest of your day folks
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2012, 01:47 PM

Marian, if the council take a fancy to them they will put a preservation order on them, whether you like it or not. Then you'll have no choice but to keep them.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2012, 02:20 PM

A belated good morning all . I had to go to babysit because one of the twins wasn’t well .

The wind is still howling here along with the rest of the country it seems and another old apple tree is down in the field.
Stay safe and enjoy what is left of the day.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2012, 03:02 PM

Good morning all. Sounds like a lot is going on in your knock of the woods. I can relate to the pooch issue as I had a doggie with a hole in his heart that collapsed every time he got excited. That would be every time we arrived home. It took its tole on the poor puppy so eventually we had to put him down. It tore me up.

I love liver & onions. I grew up in a German Catholic home where it was always fish on Fridays and liver & onions on Saturdays. You don't see it on restaurant menus in the Pacific Northwest. Pagans! LOL

My new camera lens, an 11-16mm F/2.8 Tokina, arrived last night, a day early. I visited Jack the Cat this morning and ay with him on the carpet while taking many photos. I haven't gotten home yet to process a few.

It's raining here today but no high winds. We certainly get our share since the Columbia River Gorge acts like a wind tunnel between mountain ranges.

Have a good day all and stay safe and well.
maryl
UK

05-01-2012, 04:55 PM

Oh well, that's the kids' playhouse upturned and rolled right down to the bottom of the garden at a funny angle against the wall. Our binmen should have been here early today for the blue reycling bin, plus one extra bag because they didn't collect Christmas week. Still not been and the bags are all over the road and gardens.
This is so trivial to what's happened elsewhere in the UK, so sad, poor people.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top