Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
cathy
essex
cathy is female  cathy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2009, 11:20 PM

i got run over today

i was on the footpath walking towards the supermarket. and next thing i know im on the floor 1/2 in the bushes. this stupid old man. hes adapted his mobility scooter to carry 2 ppl. and put this huge perpex thing over it. no windscreen wipers. according to some ppl who helped me he was hurtling along too fast.
i was covered in mud. my new coat now needs a wash down. i have this 6 inch bruise coming down my back. i really do hurt now. my hip is sore. and what did he say." im sorry lady" then blamed me for being on the cycle bit of the path i was just about to go up some stairs to get to the supermarket. how do i get there fly???
i was crying my eyes out with shock n pain. and boy was i angry. i told him to eff off. ( not very ladylike) i managed to get to the shop and go into the chemist part. and i had to use my angina spray.
they rang charlie and he came to get me. the stupid man has ruined my trolly, that was ideal for me to pop over the shops to get some bits. cant carry anything heavy can i.
so we have reported it to the police as this isnt the first time hes done this. another woman had to go to hospital.
and they are going to come n see me. and arrest him. for assult. he should have insurance. so i want compensation for another trolly. i was filthy shaken up. and hurt. so hell yes he can pay. what hes done to that thing im sure its illegal. hes carrying kids in it. also adults. and from what i hear hes almost caused a smash up on the road because he just goes on the road without looking.
im sorry he may be disabled but the mans an arse.
hes so lucky i didnt have a child with me. he could of killed him. or even my dog. and if charlie had seen him he would be needing his dinner via intravenous method. so 2morow im staying in all day. a duvet day for me. unless this aches get worse then ill pop up the local hosp.
charlies gettng the camera out 2morow. need evidence.
im off to bed now have a good evening all xxxx
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2009, 11:27 PM

Re: i got run over today

Oh Cathy! what an awful experience for you I hope the police will have a word with him, sounds like he is a danger to all...

No doubt you will be all aches and pains when you get up tomorrow, try and rest and have an easy day..... I hope you'll feel better soon.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2009, 12:10 AM

Oh no poor you, thats terrible I hope your achy bits get better soon. Try arnica cream to help the bruising come out.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2009, 12:43 AM

Poor you Cathy! Hope you feel better soon - and hope he pays for a new coat and trolly!!
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2009, 02:04 AM

Oh Cathy, how awful! I usually look forward to your posts as they're light and amusing about the cats and various funny incidents ... not this one. I'm so sorry to hear of it, hope the police get him and throw the book at him, what a &%*#@(! Too bad Charlie wasn't with you. Take care, rest up, (((hugs)))
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2009, 02:41 AM

That's shocking Cathy, silly old FIAT. (fart in a trance).
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2009, 07:51 AM

Thats awful Cathy, I hope you aren't too sore today. The police should do more than have a quiet word with him. Being disabled doesn't give anyone the right to behave in such an appalling manner.
cathy
essex
cathy is female  cathy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2009, 10:06 AM

had a rubbish night last night. so sore now. bruises coming out. its now reaching around under my arm.
got a police officer coming at 6pm to take a statement. i am impressed that they are taking this seriously. but it could of been alot worse. just glad i didnt have a kiddy with me.
dont mind i was in 2 minds weather to go to another shop.im looking for some kingsize flat sheets. but thought ill go there after ive done some shopping. wish id turned left instead of straight ahead. all ifs buts and maybes.
spose id better go n get sorted out. got the virgin media man coming to sort out our phone today. and think he needs to get to the phone socket lol
have a good day all.
and ill tell my stories again. just not up to it.
but hey got to think of it this way. *how many ppl do u know who get run over by a mobility scooter* LOL could of been worse he could of been in a car.
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2009, 02:45 PM

Hope you're feeling a bit better now Cathy
Do you think you could cope with Charlie (or the Police Officer if female) taking some pics of the bruises? - I'm sure it would help your case.
I seem to see so much silliness with these 'mobility scooter' drivers. I feel sorry for peoeple if they can't get out but sometimes it seems they behave as if there's no-one else around to worry about
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-10-2009, 02:49 PM

Hope you are not too sore today...Those things are a menace in the wrong hands!!!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top