Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 09:56 PM

Scotlands Storm Damage.

This is a News Picture Link to some of the damage done here over the last 24 hours. Not Nice People Not Nice.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-16392381
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 10:06 PM

Re: Scotlands Storm Damage.

My stars, Raven. Those pictures are shocking. We have extremely heavy winds here right at this moment, our second day of it being so bad. However, all through summer we've had heavy winds, but nothing like that.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 10:08 PM

That's awful Raven! I really feel for you all out there in Scotland and lets hope no one was hurt in those pictures. Lets hope the winds die down soon.

It's really windy here but not to that extreme, hopefully.
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 10:15 PM

We're certainly not used to this, I've never seen anything like it...ever.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 10:16 PM

What an awful lot of damage there, I hope the winds die down soon...
Lynne55
Lancs.
Lynne55 is female  Lynne55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 11:01 PM

Good grief!! Thats bad. The insurance people will have a lot of coughing up to do

Its been very bad here as well but the worst damage we've had is the roof of the new Saints RLFC blowing off & its not even open yet. They're only due to play their first game on the 20 Jan

There are plenty of branches lying around which have blown off the trees & its been difficult to stand up at times in the park when I took Taffy out
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 11:19 PM

You're not far from where I live Lynne and it is bad round here.

I've just emailed a young lass I know who lives on one of the small islands of the Scottish mainland, whose only connection with the rest of mankind is via ferry. It's doubtful they're running in these winds, so I'm hoping they're okay up there.

I don't know if it's my imagination or not, but the wind does seem a bit stronger now than it was earlier.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 11:20 PM

Those pictures are shocking They did show some of them on the News here and reported that they had recorded over 100 miles an hour gales in Scotland.

At moment we have very strong winds like Mollie said, but haven't seen, or heard about any damage being caused locally.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

04-01-2012, 11:27 PM

No Merz, I've neither seen nor heard of any damage locally either.

I popped to the shops around 6.30 and when I got out of the car the wind almost knocked me off me feet, but I am only a lightweight anyway. Winds here are probably up around 60/65 mph at the moment.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 11:30 PM

How awful for those that have been affected by the damage. Some of those images look like a war zone! Hope no-one was hurt.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top