Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Jean
Northern ireland
Jean is female  Jean has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 10:19 AM

Just wondering

Was on the bus the other day and a man got on with a small devil tattoo on his head, he would have been maybe late 20's, may be fun now but in later years may regret having that one, maybe nothas anyone got a tattoo or would like one and like me not have the courage,I would love a small butterfly on my ankle, but I am too chicken to get it done
White Raven
White Raven is female  White Raven has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 11:26 AM

Re: Just wondering

I often thought about it, but would I stop at just one. I don't want to end up with my arms covered. I try not to look at them anymore lol. Then I'm not tempted. As you say, I don't think a woman would be happy in her 70s or older with them...but then again you never know.
Bridie
northants
Bridie is female  Bridie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 11:50 AM

The trouble with tattooos is that they have fashions like everthing else, like a few years ago with the spice girls the fashion was a band round the top of the arm, then the big one at the base of the spine. They are now outdated and also show the age of the girl. We wouldnt want to have some of the awful fashions of the past permanently glued to us like the shell suit or rara skirt would we.

I dont like the ones they have now at the side of the hand, the one Cheryl Cole had on X factor always looked like we did at school when we used ink and smudged our work.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 11:59 AM

I have no objection to tattoos they can look quite nice but I think one has to remember circumstances and body shapes change. They don't look so good on wrinkley skin

My neice has a small dolphin on her back .
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 01:26 PM

Like Jean when I was young I once thought a butterfly on my ankle would be daring and fun, but I'm glad I was too chicken.
I also remember when I was about 9 or 10 there was a man who was a sailor and every time he returned home he had another tattoo. He used to tell us kids that when he had a bath all his tattoos moved up his body out of the water - We were fascinated and believed him
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 01:38 PM

I wouldn't like a permanent tattoo, they look ok on men when they are older but I think they would look awful on women ....
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 02:00 PM

My OH has tattoo on both his arms, he had them done when he was about 15. He does not like them now. As you grow older they fade, and don't look very good on the skin, the older you get. He has a girls name under each tattoo.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 02:31 PM

I have a horses head on my back and some chinese script on the top of my arm.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 02:32 PM

Tattoo's are a right put of for me, why does anyone want to put poison into their body?
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

04-01-2012, 02:34 PM

I had mine done a long time ago.

I have a hunting scene across my back with the fox getting away, at least he should be getting away as all that can be seen is his brush sticking out from somewhere.

The other one was supposed to sometimes read,
Fair Go. And on other more notable occasions read,
Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysilio gogogoch

Not really, I always wanted those but never had the cash or the time and in one particular case the space!!.

I do have a couple of discreet ones though that I have never regretted as they are unique to only a few of us left now.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top