Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 08:49 AM

Normal Wednesday

Good morning everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpTLdI3Jpn4

The winds have dropped and the rain has not arrived yet so apart from it still being dark it is not a bad day, mother natures creatures are up and about looking for food and the Farm is noisey just as it should be at milking time.

Plans for today, the weekly shopping is done, my desk top is in sight, no clutter covering it, Lunch is arranged and everything is ready to be cooked, this afternoon is planned,relaxation exercises using the arm chair and a book so all is right with the world.

Eileen (((((HUGS)))))

Have a great day and dont forget

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0O9GkKg1E4
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 09:43 AM

Re: Normal Wednesday

Good Morning Bob and Everyone Well the stormy weather stopped late afternoon yesterday after the havoc it caused! The tenement flats that run down the drive at the back of my building, the gable end of the 1st close, got blown out and masonery everywhere. The same happend to two other blocks further down, the same type of flats, they belong to the Council. Another block across the way from me had a tree fall on it (we are surrounded by trees here). The tiles on the roof of where I live, above my living room, have come loose and slid downwards knocking the front ones off the roof! More expense for me unless the building insurance that I pay to Linstone Housing, who own the block of flats, pay for it! I hope they do - I pay enough to them for it!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-16392381

I hope where you all live that you didn't have anything too bad happen. It must be heartbreaking for the families and friends of the two people killed south of the border.

Many thanks for those links, Bob. I do like Doris Day!

Enjoy a good day, everyone, and stay safe.

Take care.

Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 10:27 AM

Good Morning to all and sundry on this mild and calm dawn..

The plumbers are in at the moment fixing a new radiator so we are re-arranging the office whilst we are housebound, trying to generate some more space out of thin air.

Bacon eggs and fried spuds for lunch then a good walk with the dogs methinks prior to relaxing with a book at the fireside...perfect..

Have a great day all and (((HUGS))) and best wishes to Eileen and everyone else that is feeling below par.

Barry
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 10:31 AM

Good morning fellow members a fine bright morning here and quite mild so no grumbles .

My yeast mixture is bubbling away nicely so I am off to rescue it before it escapes the bowl Fresh bread rolls for lunch!

Have a pleasent day everyone
shirley
Gloucestershire
shirley is female  shirley has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 10:55 AM

Good morning and happy new year to you all
The winds have dropped thank goodness and the torrential rain has abated for a while.
Woke up to a bright day and dry.
Hope it lasts
enjoy your day
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 11:21 AM

A complete transformation weather wise down here, dry, the sun's out, no wind at all. Brandykins, you have had it terrible up there, hope you can claim for the damage.
I have not seen Mr Rat or his family for the last couple of days, removed all the bird food off the ground. (posts in thread 'Rocky's back'). Good job too, he is huge, no wonder my old cat didn't want to know.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 01:35 PM

Hello everyone! it's a calmer day here, no visible damage to be seen but next door's heavy parasol has blown over and is laying on our hedge - my neighbour has obviously not noticed it yet and it's too heavy for us to reach over the hedge to stand it upright.

As always with strong cold winds, I have pains in my lower back again and I can't walk upright I will be trying AB's advice once again ..... supporting my weight between two chairs as it does help to stretch the backbone.

The healing vibes are still weaving their way to Eileen, I do hope she is improving ...... I haven't received anymore news from across the pond yet.

Enjoy your day all!
Hammer
NW England.
Hammer is male 

04-01-2012, 02:14 PM

A good afternoon to all,
It started off calm over our way but has deteriorated into rain and sleet with a tremendous wind.

Something must have awoken the Old Mothers Demdike and Chattox over on Pendle hill this morning as it was as black as night.
They probably do not like all the digging up that is going on there.
shaz
Manchester, lancs
shaz is female  shaz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 02:35 PM

Still windy, but nothing like yesterday. Raining once again. Not stopped for days, gardens water logged.

Nipped out to the shops got wet. OH took dog out before work, will have to nip out if we get a dry period. Fingers crossed, or I am going to get wet again.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 02:41 PM

Good afternoon all, it's windy cold and damp here. I always hated January, it's the worst month by far in my book. The wife is in the kitchen yapping and mulling over the various family events of the past year with her two sisters, soooo boring to me, nothing for it but a dash to the local and some male company.
Glad you all survived the storms.
Make the best of the day folks, I intend to.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top