Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 01:12 AM

Wow 1000 posts later........

Well here we are 1000 posts later, who would have thought it! What’s that I hear, speech!! Nah not me

If it hadn’t have been for Cate I would never have known about this lovely forum. I’ve never joined a forum before but have previously lurked in some photography ones on and off over the years.

I don’t know why, but I found myself having a looksee when Cate was in hospital earlier this year having an op. I read the hysterectomy thread and saw that people were genuinely worried about her as there had been no news. She said I could post on her behalf with updates which I did and I was amazed at the response from you all. The rest is history!!

What have I got from this forum? Well, I’ve laughed at your jokes and funny stories, you’ve loved my photos which has pleased me no end as have never posted them anywhere before now apart to friends! I’ve found myself getting to know people more as time goes on and then worry about people when they are poorly and had ops, like Eileen, Pixie and Uncle Joe recently.

I’ve enjoyed playing some of the games which my brain needs because I don’t always work it as hard as I should. I’ve enjoyed reading about Crusty’s antics, listened to various youtube music videos, been concerned about people’s dogs when they’ve been poorly and participated in general chit chat about the weather and all sorts of things, the list is just endless. You’ve been there for me recently over the sad loss of Tessa and your lovely comments have brought tears to my eyes.

Wow I can’t believe how much I’ve written here, its not like me at all

Finally, what I love the most about this forum is how people are concerned about each other and look out for one another. Long may it continue!! End of essay!!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 01:19 AM

Re: Wow 1000 posts later........

Well done, Marlene. I have to agree with everything you've said about this forum, and thanks for reading my Crusty stories. I'm sure they give you a laugh.

I've been on many forums in my time, but there's always bitching and back-biting, name calling, trolling, being made fun of - that list is endless too - but this forum has genuine members, and that's why it's such a nice place to be.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 01:22 AM

You've started to call me Marlene for some reason or other, I's a Marian missus Mollie
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 01:22 AM

Wow!! That was quite a speech and a half

Agree with everything you've said Marian, this is a lovely place to be.

Congratulations on your 1000
marpaul
North Cumbria

04-01-2012, 01:26 AM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
Wow!! That was quite a speech and a half

Agree with everything you've said Marian, this is a lovely place to be.

Congratulations on your 1000
Hee hee I know, what I usually have to say comes in small doses, thanks
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 01:29 AM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
You've started to call me Marlene for some reason or other, I's a Marian missus Mollie
I've noticed that too.......puts me in mind of "Only Fools and Horses"
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 01:35 AM

Congratulations Marian!

We love having you here too, I take it you've grown roots in the OFF forum by now?

Looking forward to your next 1,000 posts!
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2012, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by marpaul ->
Marian, I am so sorry. I've no clue where Marlene came from. Am getting a bit befuddled in me owd brain cell!
marpaul
North Cumbria

04-01-2012, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by Berxer ->
I've noticed that too.......puts me in mind of "Only Fools and Horses"
I think its quite funny, I've never been called Marlene before, its usually Maureen

Thanks Mags, here's to the next 1000
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire

04-01-2012, 01:40 AM

We posted over each other, Marian. Again, I apologise. I hate it when folk get my name wrong.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top