Join for free
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 02:48 PM

Warning of yet another scam

I had a phonecall this morning at 8.10am but I didnt answer it as I dont answer unrecognised calls. The caller left a message and it was an automated message claiming to from the police telling me I have to ring this number as my National Insurance number is about to be suspended!

I have googled to see if this is a known scam and it is although they usually pretend to be from inland revenue threatening court.

I'm sick to death of all these scams and how easy people get my number!

Anyone had a similar call?

Of course I didnt ring the number but some vulnerable people may fall into their trap. Its disgusting me to know how many evil fraudsters are out there.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 02:57 PM

Re: Warning of yet another scam

Not had that one.

Heard a story on channel 5 news of someone knocking at the house of an octogenarian, claiming to be from the NHS, injecting her with something he said was the vaccine and persuading her to hand over £160 for it.

Luckily whatever he put into her doesn't seem to have done any harm.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 03:31 PM

No but there are so many if anyone with a forign accent comes on I just assume it’s a scam .

I am so sick of the human race at this moment everyone wants to rip someone off
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
No but there are so many if anyone with a forign accent comes on I just assume it’s a scam .

I am so sick of the human race at this moment everyone wants to rip someone off
If you send me a lot of cash, I can stop this from happening
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 03:50 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Not had that one.

Heard a story on channel 5 news of someone knocking at the house of an octogenarian, claiming to be from the NHS, injecting her with something he said was the vaccine and persuading her to hand over £160 for it.

Luckily whatever he put into her doesn't seem to have done any harm.

That's so wicked. I loathe these people so much.

You say whatever it was didn't harm the person, but I would also worry about how many people he/she had used that same needle on!

Queenie, thanks for that warning. My feelings about these evil people are much the same as yours.
xirrpy
Devon-all of it
xirrpy is male  xirrpy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 03:54 PM

I have bt call blocker phones. The service is a Fing Pain. I cant receive a call from anyone whose number I haven't pre programmed to accept. I think their newer phones may have addressed the problem. Typically some agencies you want to hear from, with hold numbers which defeats the point. On the other hand no more scammers.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

08-01-2021, 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by xirrpy ->
I have bt call blocker phones. The service is a Fing Pain. I cant receive a call from anyone whose number I haven't pre programmed to accept. I think their newer phones may have addressed the problem. Typically some agencies you want to hear from, with hold numbers which defeats the point. On the other hand no more scammers.
My handsets have an "add to blocked list" on them. They're full up!! 100 numbers!
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I had a phonecall this morning at 8.10am but I didnt answer it as I dont answer unrecognised calls. The caller left a message and it was an automated message claiming to from the police telling me I have to ring this number as my National Insurance number is about to be suspended!

I have googled to see if this is a known scam and it is although they usually pretend to be from inland revenue threatening court.

I'm sick to death of all these scams and how easy people get my number!

Anyone had a similar call?

Of course I didnt ring the number but some vulnerable people may fall into their trap. Its disgusting me to know how many evil fraudsters are out there.
I had the second call in 4wks from "Amazon" this morning at about
8-30 informing me there is a problem with a payment from my
debit account l have with them and to push No 1-2 or three for
various options to connect me to their fraud department?
This is exactly the same call l had about a month ago with the same
Indian sounding female robot???
Needless to say l hung up on both calls as the amount they mentioned was ridiculous considering l only have a Kindle account and
only buy books less than £5 ???

Donkeyman! 👎👎
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-01-2021, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
My handsets have an "add to blocked list" on them. They're full up!! 100 numbers!
Ditto but mine's only ½ full.
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-01-2021, 01:29 AM

Dextrous, I heard about that scam , and also that he came back again and said that she needed another jab , they are the lowest scum to crawl this earth...really hope something bad happens to them

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top