Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 03:13 PM

Buy And Sell Sites.

Local to you, do you ever go on them, they give so much away free, Someone always gets there first, when I inquire about the product.

Well yesterday I got lucky, I bagged myself a brand new Lakeland meat mincer, for free, she’s just dropped it off,

Worth going on there guys ,if you are looking for anything, you may not find what you are looking for, but it’s worth a shot, there was also a twist and shape on there ,excellent condition, £35 I paid £100 for mine, obviously not everything if free,but so many bargains, I was shocked at what people were selling for such a bargain price....also giving away,
xirrpy
Devon-all of it
xirrpy is male  xirrpy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 03:24 PM

Re: Buy And Sell Sites.

What are buy and sell sites- Why couldnt I give away a 32" sony telly in perfect working order. Ok it was the size of a fridge. Is it like a car boot sale?

Hey is it possible to unload all your unwanted stuff and quietly drive way?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 03:25 PM

Yes, I often buy & sell on our local Facebook sites. Great way to recycle. I've given stuff away too at times.
You are lucky the person brought the mincer to you, we have to get the items ourselves or the people who want them come & fetch them.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 03:28 PM

Originally Posted by xirrpy ->
What are buy and sell sites- Why couldnt I give away a 32" sony telly in perfect working order. Ok it was the size of a fridge. Is it like a car boot sale?

I get rid of stuff on Facebook local, Xirrpy.
There's always the council tip if all else fails. I've done that too. Daughter & I took a load of unwanted clothing to our tip at the weekend.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 03:30 PM

I put 2 expensive coffee tables on Gumtree at a very reasonable price, lots of interest, agreed price and sold .
The buyer turned up and started trying to barter the price down , I said take it or leave it and shut the door. They rang the bell and bought them.

I have also sold toys and a donkey on Gumtree (not a real one) with no problems.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 03:44 PM

Hey xirrpy,

This one I’m on is on fb,the group is local to me and as Meg said,also Gumtree, I go on there also.

I haven’t got any unwanted stuff, I gave most of it away, weeks ago,...

Welcome to the forum, xirrpy,....seriously, I never get there first,someone always beats me to the free stuff/ bargains.....I swear there are dealers who spend all day on there, buy or get the products free, then sell them on for a profit.

Preloved is another one, a small amount is sold in my area, but most of it, is miles away,
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

06-01-2021, 03:52 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I put 2 expensive coffee tables on Gumtree at a very reasonable price, lots of interest, agreed price and sold .
The buyer turned up and started trying to barter the price down , I said take it or leave it and shut the door. They rang the bell and bought them.

I have also sold toys and a donkey on Gumtree (not a real one) with no problems.
That annoys me Meg, some just aren’t satisfied by getting a real bargain, they then try and knock the price down,..I always say at the start,” no offers”......and no knocking the price down.
xirrpy
Devon-all of it
xirrpy is male  xirrpy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 04:36 PM

Im an accidental hoarder.

Going to have to down size one dreaded day.

When I was a little boy I used to wonder about crazy old people. Their garages and barns were fascinating places full of weird junk and gardens wild and mysterious.

Now I understand its the sentimental junk impossible to get rid of weighing me down.

Terrible paintings by dear departed and the reams of letters and post cards and saved newspapers with that special article or mention.

All those things that you know were costly to come by -saved for with -sweat blood and tears- medals and war photos, school exercise books, vases and cheap jewellry and old encyclopedias..home movies on vhs cassettes, records and tapes and dvd and multi versions of corresponding players then theres the junk I have collected.

Im a prisoner - I better stay put.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 04:39 PM

Yes our local one is great, have a nose through the listings several times a week. Always managed to get rid of anything I put on there too.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

06-01-2021, 04:50 PM

Im an accidental hoarder.

Going to have to down size one dreaded day.

When I was a little boy I used to wonder about crazy old people. Their garages and barns were fascinating places full of weird junk and gardens wild and mysterious.

Now I understand its the sentimental junk impossible to get rid of weighing me down.

Terrible paintings by dear departed and the reams of letters and post cards and saved newspapers with that special article or mention.

All those things that you know were costly to come by -saved for with -sweat blood and tears- medals and war photos, school exercise books, vases and cheap jewellry and old encyclopedias..home movies on vhs cassettes, records and tapes and dvd and multi versions of corresponding players then theres the junk I have collected.

Im a prisoner - I better stay put.

Some of us are able to let go of things,I can now,...others just can’t let go,I believe I understand both....try watching “hoarders” on YouTube...type in hoarders.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top