Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 07:54 PM

A Walking Disaster

Some women seem to go through life with perfectly coiffed hair and never seem to be unpolished or in the hands of disaster.

I just came in from watering and someone (no formal accusations made yet) left the nozzle barely attached. When I turned on the water, it all back-sprayed in my face, making a sopping wet, dripping mess...hair a disaster, smudged mascara, clothes in need of a full change....

The only positive thing I have to say about the event is that I am proud of myself for my restrain in not employing the more extreme realm of my vocabulary.

My guardian angel is ONCE AGAIN getting a round of entertainment at my expense.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 10:03 PM

Re: A Walking Disaster

If something goes wrong I swear, but as I never wear makeup or have good hair, specially not now the hair dressers are again closed, so it wouldn't make any difference to how I look, I'd just be wet.
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 10:11 PM

It's the same in this house.Neither of us have to do much without looking like we've been dragged through a hedge backwards.
Never gone to the shops with toilet paper trailing behind though.(yet)
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Psmith ->
It's the same in this house.Neither of us have to do much without looking like we've been dragged through a hedge backwards.
Never gone to the shops with toilet paper trailing behind though.(yet)

Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 12:01 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Some women seem to go through life with perfectly coiffed hair and never seem to be unpolished or in the hands of disaster.

I just came in from watering and someone (no formal accusations made yet) left the nozzle barely attached. When I turned on the water, it all back-sprayed in my face, making a sopping wet, dripping mess...hair a disaster, smudged mascara, clothes in need of a full change....

The only positive thing I have to say about the event is that I am proud of myself for my restrain in not employing the more extreme realm of my vocabulary.

I am sure you made some vocal noise and upon hearing said noise, the perpetrator had a smile or a grin across their face
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 08:05 AM

:
Not in the circle I move in.

I'm a bit of a disaster zone myself - always falling down or tripping up. Only myself to blame though!
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 08:21 AM

That made me LOL, takes me back to when I was cleaning a shower for a lady, it was a complicated over the head one, needless to say, I was actually in the shower cleaning, pressed some button, on came that shower at full force,....
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 11:29 AM

That has happened a few times to me SM. My own fault though as I am the only one that uses the hose pipe.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Dodge ->
I am sure you made some vocal noise and upon hearing said noise, the perpetrator had a smile or a grin across their face
Aha! SABOTAGE!

The game is afoot .

Originally Posted by carol ->
Not in the circle I move in.

I'm a bit of a disaster zone myself - always falling down or tripping up. Only myself to blame though!
We should start a club.

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
That made me LOL, takes me back to when I was cleaning a shower for a lady, it was a complicated over the head one, needless to say, I was actually in the shower cleaning, pressed some button, on came that shower at full force,....
Hahaha. I have done the same. The worst is in a hotel where they leave the showered pointing outwards....grrrrr.

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
That has happened a few times to me SM. My own fault though as I am the only one that uses the hose pipe.
Carol and I will be sending you your membership card within the week.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2021, 04:11 PM

I walk a lot, this particular day, it had been raining,I was walking home from work ,many roads were flooded, this is going back about 8 yrs, I was crossing a bridge with stream or river under it, well it had started to come over the top into the road,....not thinking about the traffic ,a car went past ,it had gone through the water ,if you have ever had this happen to you, you will know what I’m talking about,...it sprayed me so hard as it was driving through this water, not only was I saturated, the force of that water that hit me,took my breath away!!.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top