Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 06:42 PM

Infuriating

[/url]
upload pics free

I saw this, with many more masks, upon leaving the grocery store.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 06:48 PM

Re: Infuriating

That disgusting, they could have put them in the bin.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 07:00 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
[/url]
upload pics free

I saw this, with many more masks, upon leaving the grocery store.

No consideration I’m afraid, I often wonder what causes some people to act in this manner,..very selfish isn’t it?

You should see some of the bus shelters here, surfermum, many a time I have picked up litter, to only return to rubbish the next day, they should have cameras up and be fined, imo..

In fact, if caught, I would insist that they picked up litter for a week ,if I had that authority..
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 07:02 PM

Unbelievable
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 07:06 PM

What mystifies me is that those who do this never think that the people have to clean this up go right back into the store to handle food stocking shelves and processing sales - to them.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 07:07 PM

It's the same old story – if youngsters aren't taught from a young age NOT to litter in this way but instead to either use a bin or take items home with them and dispose of them there, they grow up into untidy litter louts who don't know any different! Just look at the appalling state with litter generally of our towns, cities and countryside.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
It's the same old story – if youngsters aren't taught from a young age NOT to litter in this way but instead to either use a bin or take items home with them and dispose of them there, they grow up into untidy litter louts who don't know any different! Just look at the appalling state with litter generally of our towns, cities and countryside.

Which carries on into adulthood..dropping cigarette ends where they stand. Can’t teach an old dog new tricks ,is the saying I think.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

05-01-2021, 07:24 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
Interestingly, the only two people I have caught littering masks were a man of about 70 in a ball cap and hunting jacket and woman in her late 70s early 80s who was driving a new Range Rover and bedecked with jewelry. Both would be in the high-risk categories.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Interestingly, the only two people I have caught littering masks were a man of about 70 in a ball cap and hunting jacket and woman in her late 70s early 80s who was driving a new Range Rover and bedecked with jewelry. Both would be in the high-risk categories.
I assume that's where you live Surfermom? I don't know about the United States but someone I know went to Canada and was really taken by how clean everywhere was.

You might see a different attitude and age group if you lived here in the UK. I live in a small rural village, some of those who drive through here, possibly on the way home after collecting a takeaway and eating it then throw the bags, containers and plastic drinks bottles out of the car windows onto the grass verges, the road, people's gardens and driveways. Some in this village go out once a week to litter pick and clean up after these litter louts, it's that bad.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States

05-01-2021, 08:02 PM

Baz, I live in a small town in Florida, but this happened outside of a university town where my mother lives.

It was found after we had a study done on litter here, that people who threw litter out the window tended to be younger and more poorly educated. It's a chicken or the egg thing, however. Do people litter because they are less educated or are people who litter inclined to be less educated in the first place?

Reversely, I suspect the people guilty of the medical littering do so partly because it is accidental, partly because they are more fearful about getting sick, and partly they are more likely to be wearing masks and gloves in the first place.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top