Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2021, 11:52 PM

Online shopping

Trying to book a delivery slot now is beyond ridiculous.

Just tried 3 different supermarkets.
My usual one put a message up letting me know there were 1148 people in the queue before me !!!

I had to settle for a Click & Collect order in the end.

Are others managine better than me?
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2021, 11:55 PM

Re: Online shopping

I'm due a delivery this Thursday and have managed to book another for the 14th Jan .... with Sainsbury's.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-01-2021, 11:56 PM

Mups I went to check my Waitrose order and the site had crashed

Luckily I have 2 orders booked over the next 2 weeks, I have been anticipating a lockdown since the christmas 'free for all was announced' so have been up to date with orders.

Try early in the morning when new slots come online...
paula
scotland
paula is female  paula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 12:43 AM

I've got an Asda delivery for Wednesday, I'll try for another one next week
during the first lockdown, I'd try in the morning for a slot...and nothing, then a couple of hours later I'd have another look ,and got one, so keep trying through the day...
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 01:22 AM

Did you try Ocado Mups?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 01:24 AM

I just go to the supermarket, once a week, Son takes me, it's the only time I get to go anywhere, even more so now.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 01:29 AM

Sainsburys usually release slots after midnight. A lot of the shops do.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Did you try Ocado Mups?

M & S at Ocado are my favourite, Annie. I love M & S stuff, but they are the worst to get slots with.

You can't book more than 3 days ahead, you can't book anything for a week or two's time.

I've got a click and collect with Asda for this week, but their lockers you have to collect from are out in their car park and I hate using the darn things.
Never mind, not much I can do about it.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 02:39 PM

I have only had Tesco deliver once, that was enough It was my mum's shopping but was delivered to me. I ordered a load of the ready meals so she could pop one on the microwave each day. I told them this in the space provided for messages and asked for ones with a long in-date on them. HAH, every one was to go out of date within 24 hours. I ended up returning them to the shop and giving them a piece of my mind. Sure they apologised but that wasn't any good. I had the car, what if it had been my housebound mum who had received them. She's have said nowt and just eaten them.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-01-2021, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Roxy ->
I have only had Tesco deliver once, that was enough It was my mum's shopping but was delivered to me. I ordered a load of the ready meals so she could pop one on the microwave each day. I told them this in the space provided for messages and asked for ones with a long in-date on them. HAH, every one was to go out of date within 24 hours. I ended up returning them to the shop and giving them a piece of my mind. Sure they apologised but that wasn't any good. I had the car, what if it had been my housebound mum who had received them. She's have said nowt and just eaten them.
One of the reasons I like to chose my own food rather than leave it to the store. I shop at Tesco also, it's our nearest supermarket & it gets me out & about once a week during lockdown.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top