Join for free
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 08:21 AM

Icy cold Monday

Good morning everyone

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQQCPrwKzdo

It is a dark morning with an icy cold wind blowing but at least it is not snowing (yet ), no a single creature of mother natures could be seen on our walk so they must all be tucked up in a nice cosy place, evne the farm was all in darkness.

Plans for today are a quick visit to the chops then a tidy up of the hose before lunch which is Ham Salad with new potatoes before an afternoon of doing absolutely nothing.

Please spare a moment or two sending good luck wishes to Eileen for her to gain full health again.

Have a great day everyone, with new technology

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-16090841

You'll soon be able to do this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCW9H...eature=related
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 10:54 AM

Re: Icy cold Monday

Good morning AB and all who follow it is a really beautiful morning here ,sunny but quite cold.

I started the day by putting the sheep back in the field because someone had left the gate open . Chloe thought it was great fun

Off to see the babes for a bit this morning, I have hardly seen them over Christmas because of being ill.

Have a lovely day whatever you are doing...
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 11:12 AM

Good Morning Bob, Meg and All It is cold and wet up here but at least it isn't snowing!!

Love the Fats Domino link, Bob, that brought back memories of my holidays in Dublin with my late brother! A bar we used to go to (we were friends of the owner) had live music and one of the customers, who owned a pet shop and was the most unlikely singer, used to sing that song! So thank you for the lovely memories it brought back. I do like Fats Domino!

Interesting 2nd link - don't think I would like to be in it though, although I do love flying! But Concorde never appealed to me either! I would love to fly to the moon though!! Many thanks for that one as well!

Thinking of Eileen - hope all is well for her.

Enjoy your day, Everyone, whatever you do.

Take care.
marpaul
North Cumbria
marpaul is female  marpaul has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 11:49 AM

Good morning everybody. Nice and sunny here at the moment with the occasional hail showers thrown in! Quite cold and windy as well. Gales and rain forecast for tomorrow apparently

Had such a lazy day yesterday so need to make up for it today and put the house to rights. Have a job to early evening, hope I don't forget!!

Enjoyed the links AB.

Enjoy your day folks and lets hope we get some good news about Eileen.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 12:07 PM

Cold here in Sherwood as well, but beautifully bright and sunny..

Just taken the Christmas lights down and the few internal decorations, looks quite bleak now.. Chicken and roasted veg for lunch, a walk with the dogs and then we have to buy some new conservatory furniture in the sales.(groan ..)

Have a good day yourselves and thinking of you all that aren't well, keep your chin up..

Barry
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 01:31 PM

Happy New Year all! No plans, chilly weather with a 75% chance of rain. Bored out of my mind. Have a good day!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 04:27 PM

Hello everyone!

It's been a mixed day of sun and rain here and it's a lot colder..... only 4ºC now! Had to pop out to buy some fresh bread .... how I wish I could make my own! .

My spanking new cooker was delivered just before lunchtime, my SIL came and connected it up and now I'm looking forward to using it

Thinking of Eileen and hoping she will be able to leave hospital soon. I had a brief email from Chris, he was in his car when Eileen phoned him so she was unable to stay long on the phone. Have updated Eileen's thread.

Enjoy your day all
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 08:09 PM

Good evening all, a very cold day but dry. I've been a busy old chap today cleaning out my back garden shed and splashing a bit of paint here and there to freshen the place up for when I resume work shortly, looking forward to work as I'm starting to get bored, (know how you feel bob) but I have to be in the right frame of mind, otherwise I'm only wasting my time.
Enjoy the evening Folks.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 11:48 PM

It's been a cold but dry day, and the sun made an appearance now and again! Lots of household jobs done today with two walks inbetween, and for once I didn't get wet!!!

Thoughts have been with Eileen today...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top