Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 10:00 PM

Destiny & Free Will

Do you believe your life is all predetermined; we have a certain blueprint to follow but with a wide girth, or that we have complete free will and the skies the limit?

If we have clear visions of a horrific future we don’t want, is it possible to change this and how?

I truly believe we co-create and like energies attract like energies, however this includes all the things we fear too.

Yes these are intense questions but I’d really appreciate your input.

Thank you.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 10:05 PM

Re: Destiny & Free Will

I think it's complex. We are after all governed very much by our chemistry & physiology. So while we can try hard to change it will require a great deal of constant effort. I do think that you have the life that you give yourself (in your head), but that can be very inflexible if you are swimming against a hormonal tsunami. It's definitely easier when you are young and healthy.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 10:16 PM

I think our lives have lots of set points where we have to make important decisions which determine our futures. Perhaps we also switch to different universes too.
Minx
Chatterbox
South Africa
Minx is female  Minx has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 10:30 PM

In life, I believe you have the power to impact your life path with the choices that you make. It is a matter of how the choices you make influence what you become, and how the direction of your lives comes down to those choices you make. The journey to tread in your life depends on your preferences because choices have consequences; you get to make your own decisions, but you do not get to choose your results.
PS: Even love is a choice.
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 10:30 PM

I don't believe our lives are pre-ordained, but we are influenced by those around us either consciously or unconsciously. Some of that can be massively restricting on our choices and breaking the boundaries is extremely hard. So your destinies can be defined by the circumstances under which you are born and brought up.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 10:39 PM

I would say life is not predetermined it is down to chance and the decisions we make .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 10:49 PM

I agree with Meg, and I think our lives can be determined as to the choices we make.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Do you believe your life is all predetermined; we have a certain blueprint to follow but with a wide girth, or that we have complete free will and the skies the limit?

If we have clear visions of a horrific future we don’t want, is it possible to change this and how?

I truly believe we co-create and like energies attract like energies, however this includes all the things we fear too.

Yes these are intense questions but I’d really appreciate your input.

Thank you.

Hi Bratti, Long time no see. Happyp New Year to you.

I sort of agree with the first part I've hi-lighted. I do think our lives are pre-determined before we are born, and then as difficulties come along we will have the free-will to make choices which way to go, like kind of 'tests' if you like.

I also mostly agree, with your next question about 'like attracts like,' or 'Birds of a feather,' as some folks say.
You can see that everywhere you go, although I also think some people pretend to be what they are not, just to try and be accepted in certain circles.

As you say, they are quite deep questions.
May I ask what made you ask? Don't worry if you would rather not say.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 11:19 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I would say life is not predetermined it is down to chance and the decisions we make .
Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I agree with Meg, and I think our lives can be determined as to the choices we make.
I agree with both of you, Meg & LQ. We make our choice & then we have to live with it, we make mistakes, but hopefully we learn from them. It's part of growing up & old.
I have no intention of growing up though, not in my head.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2021, 11:28 PM

It depends a what age the default is set, if its set to early, there is no chance of revisitation, or blame.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top