Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 09:42 PM

Oldest Rocker in Town

Did anybody see Chuck Berry tonight on the box?
Still rocking at the grand old age of 85, his son played in the same band.
A lot of memories came flooding back for me, how about you?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 10:26 PM

Re: Oldest Rocker in Town

Arthur I am afraid CB was never my cup of tea, I always found him a bit of a 'scruffy' character...
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 10:32 PM

My God Authur, is he still going?, he was an old fella even when I was young, old rock'n'rollers never die, they just roll over. Maybe he still has to work, probably down to his last 10 million dollars. I wonder is he still playing with his ding-a-ling, doubt it.
Mollie
Chatterbox
Wigan in Lancashire
Mollie is female  Mollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 10:34 PM

I didn't know he was still alive, never mind still rocking! Good on him, I say. I loved his music but I could never stand to watch him.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by jemflux ->
My God Authur, is he still going?, he was an old fella even when I was young, old rock'n'rollers never die, they just roll over. Maybe he still has to work, probably down to his last 10 million dollars. I wonder is he still playing with his ding-a-ling, doubt it.
He is still singing the old ones, including Ding a ling and johnny be good.
His son plays guitar as well as dad.
Had me rocking and rolling around the room
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 11:05 PM

Well well Wrinkly, he was never one of my favs, I thought he may smell as he was sweaty, but my fav is meatloaf, and I can jam along to any Rock and Roll on the old Irish drum.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-01-2012, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by anniemuldoon ->
Well well Wrinkly, he was never one of my favs, I thought he may smell as he was sweaty, but my fav is meatloaf, and I can jam along to any Rock and Roll on the old Irish drum.
No better Girl Annie!
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 02:03 PM

Amazing, there must be something in Rock and Roll which won't let you get past it. Look at Mick Jagger still leaping around.

Must tell you, my son who is quite well known in Heavy Rock played with Gun's and Roses in America in November. I am so proud I could bust a gut.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by Cookiecate ->
Amazing, there must be something in Rock and Roll which won't let you get past it. Look at Mick Jagger still leaping around.

Must tell you, my son who is quite well known in Heavy Rock played with Gun's and Roses in America in November. I am so proud I could bust a gut.
Wow Cate I am not surprised you are proud
Cookiecate
Chatterbox
Blackpool
Cookiecate is female  Cookiecate has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2012, 02:46 PM

I so wish I had been there Mags but it was just after my op. He is my hero

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top