Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 05:20 PM

Tier 4

Covid in Hampshire,...does anyone know when it will end,I can’t find that information anywhere?
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 05:27 PM

Re: Tier 4

I think I saw somewhere that the Tiers will be reviewed next on Jan 25th 2021.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 05:33 PM

The fella who runs my local post office/shop told today that he reckons that by this time next year, there'll be nothing left of the human race. Did ask him if this meant I could have some credit and pay him back every 18 months, but he wasn't up for it
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 05:36 PM

My religious brother believes the new vaccinations are going to include a hidden microchip so the government can do dire things to us. Something vaguely mysterious to do with glowing foreheads and bread queues.

(I might have believed him if it involved stockpiling toilet rolls. My local Asda is sold out again)
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
My religious brother believes the new vaccinations are going to include a hidden microchip so the government can do dire things to us. Something vaguely mysterious to do with glowing foreheads and bread queues.
Could be worse. Imagine if we still lived in the age of the old vacuum tube

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum_tube

Heaven knows how they'd sneak those into us
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 05:43 PM

Forgive me, Morty, but your brother sounds like a complete and utter nutcase to me.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

27-12-2020, 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Could be worse. Imagine if we still lived in the age of the old vacuum tube

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum_tube

Heaven knows how they'd sneak those into us

You know, I understood none of that brainy stuff ( due to my own cerebral vacuum) until I hit the word .... microwave.

Yes, a fabulous cooking appliance and some say for drying socks and de-stinking odiferous trainers.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

27-12-2020, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
Forgive me, Morty, but your brother sounds like a complete and utter nutcase to me.
No forgiveness needed ... I'd say that was a very perspicacious and astute observation. He is.
He was telling me this weird conspiracy fantasy as we stood outside Asda with shopping bags and face masks on and other shoppers giving us odd looks. Perhaps they overheard him.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK

27-12-2020, 05:59 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
No forgiveness needed ... I'd say that was a very perspicacious and astute observation. He is.
He was telling me this weird conspiracy fantasy as we stood outside Asda with shopping bags and face masks on and other shoppers giving us odd looks. Perhaps they overheard him.
They'll all have been onto Moscow on their burner phones by now. Hide in your loft and keep an eye out for any new "trees" which suddenly pop up on the pavement outside
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-12-2020, 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Covid in Hampshire,...does anyone know when it will end,I can’t find that information anywhere?
Really sorry, Pauline that you are in tier 4. Tier 2 is bad enough.
I think Morticia, the tiers will be reviewed on 30th December. I read that somewhere.

I have a feeling if people haven't been sensible over Christmas we could all be back in lockdown in the New Year, sadly, but I hope this isn't going to happen.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top