Join for free
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2020, 08:23 PM

I hope this is the beginning of the end ...

... of brexit.

Not posted on the brexit sub forum, just chat.

Who gives a toss about trade deals (unless you're a trader, of course), who gives a toss about fishing rights (unless you're a fisherman, of course)?

People voted brexit for lots of reasons, mostly nothing concrete, just pipe dream stuff.

Today is an historic day, elected leaders are in agreement, more or less. Now can we forget it and move on?
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2020, 08:31 PM

Re: I hope this is the beginning of the end ...

Originally Posted by d00d ->
... of brexit.

Who gives a toss about trade deals (unless you're a trader, of course), who gives a toss about fishing rights (unless you're a fisherman, of course)?

People voted brexit for lots of reasons, mostly nothing concrete, just pipe dream stuff.

Today is an historic day, elected leaders are in agreement, more or less. Now can we forget it and move on?
After the 31st, quite possibly.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2020, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->
After the 31st, quite possibly.
Happy New Year
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2020, 10:47 PM

Nothing is ever that simple, unfortunately.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2020, 10:49 PM

Depends on parliments though. It could still go tits-up.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2020, 10:53 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
... of brexit.

I agree with your first statement d00d, but it's not about not giving a toss, more about why worry about something I have no control over. That's one of the reasons I don't contribute to the Brexit topics anymore. I've said everything I feel about Brexit previously, and in great detail occasionally, and it's altered nothing. It's time I will never get back.......

But I disagree with your second statement in bold....
Having lived through the whole sordid issue with the EU from its first inception, I have watched it turn from a sensible idea for trade between European countries, to an all consuming bureaucratic monster, taking away a countries sovereignty and identity, and turning Europe into a federal state ruled from Brussels.

Over the years many countries have fought for their independence, especially countries of the British Empire. We have now turned from being the hunter, into the prey.....Well not on my watch. Unfortunately I only had one vote in a referendum to voice my displeasure, and the greater part of the population agreed with me. So now it's up to Boris.....End Of...

A very happy Christmas d00d, and a peaceful and safe new year for you and your family....
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-12-2020, 10:54 PM

Its a done deal on the Hymn sheet, its when Her starts.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top