Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2020, 02:21 PM

Yay!!

Just back from Tesco & it was the best Christmas supermarket shopping experience I've ever had.

No queuing to get in. No crowds or rubbing shoulders with other shoppers all trying to get the same thing.

Plenty of stock - we even found a parking place.

Weird really because where are all the shoppers?

Can't quite believe it but very pleased.

So what's it like at the shops/supermarkets near you?
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2020, 02:42 PM

Re: Yay!!

Luckily, all the usual shoppers near us are either in hospital, dead, or don't need so many provisions since their families have died out.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2020, 03:52 PM

Carol I heard on the radio that supermarkets in general were not overcrowded, there were no shortages or panic buying.

This was attributed to some extent to online deliveries. The delivery vans have been busy around here this morning and I think many of the people having deliveries would not have done so till this year.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2020, 03:55 PM

Pretty much the same by all accounts, normal amount of people, plenty of everything in stock, no problems
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2020, 03:56 PM

We had to queue outside M&S yesterday morning. Inside it was almost at rugby scrum levels and there were some empty shelves. Some of the aisles were blocked by staff emptying fresh goods onto the shelves, only for us shoppers to empty them again I did manage to buy a bottle of Chapel Down (Kent) pink fizz though ready for New Year's Eve.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2020, 03:59 PM

I went to Tesco’s on Monday thinking it would be quiet... yeah right, in my dreams! It was chockablock and l was lucky to get a parking place.
I got all my vegetables and couldn’t believe the low prices of them at 19p and 29p each bag!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2020, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Percy Vere ->
We had to queue outside M&S yesterday morning. Inside it was almost at rugby scrum levels and there were some empty shelves. Some of the aisles were blocked by staff emptying fresh goods onto the shelves, only for us shoppers to empty them again I did manage to buy a bottle of Chapel Down (Kent) pink fizz though ready for New Year's Eve.
That will teach you to move to Staffordshire Percy
they are a wild lot up there

(I am allowed to say that coming from Derbyshire with relations in Staffs)
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2020, 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
That will teach you to move to Staffordshire Percy
they are a wild lot up there

(I am allowed to say that coming from Derbyshire with relations in Staffs)
Val was talking to an ex-neighbour just now and she said that the M&S food hall in Worcester was so packed, she and her husband came home empty-handed. They are to try again this avo.
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2020, 04:08 PM

Carol, glad it wasn’t a bad experience for you. Maybe most people have finished?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-12-2020, 04:14 PM

Our village shop is our version of a supermarket and is normal.

We started to stock up in August to be ready for BREXIT which although will much better for Britain in the end is bound to result in hickups in the short term. My guess is it'll take at least a year before any stability will emerge. There is such an awful mess to be cleared up.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top